Show "Tea, Sugar, Coffee"

Been there, done that. Good to see another Technivorm user.

- K
Around here Moccamasters are ubiquitous, despite the above-average pricing.

Edit: Although never US$320 pricey, like their online store offers. Sometimes you get a basic brewer for 100 €, all taxes included.

Last edited:

Edit: Although never US$320 pricey, like their online store offers. Sometimes you get a basic brewer for 100 €, all taxes included.
Pricey up front but cheaper in the long run. They tend to last forever, mine's gone strong since 2006! My kid sister used to buy a coffee maker every two years or so before she got the drift and bought the Real Deal as well. Cheaper to buy one for the asking price than spending 49€ on a cheaper piece of plastic **** every couple of years.

One thing that's also surprised me about Moccamasters - you can actually buy spare parts for them! Yes, that's how it should be, but usually isn't nowadays.

Harbor Perk
Ashtabula, OH
Harbor District

P8050767.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
FETR2095.jpeg

Pricey up front but cheaper in the long run. They tend to last forever, mine's gone strong since 2006! My kid sister used to buy a coffee maker every two years or so before she got the drift and bought the Real Deal as well. Cheaper to buy one for the asking price than spending 49€ on a cheaper piece of plastic **** every couple of years.

One thing that's also surprised me about Moccamasters - you can actually buy spare parts for them! Yes, that's how it should be, but usually isn't nowadays.

I get the sense that they're more affordable over on your side of the pond than they are here in North America, but like TES notes, you get what you pay for. The fact they sell parts tipped the scale for me as well.

I spent just over US$200 on mine, but it's the jumbo model with the 60 oz./ 1.8L/ 15 "cup" stainless steel carafe that retails for almost $400. They position this one to be used for offices and cafes, but between my wife and I we drain that thing most mornings...not sure if we're outliers or that's just standard American gluttony.

- K

Trying to "up" my espresso game. I just received this bottomless portafilter yesterday, This is my third attempt at making a decent cup. The first two were a little messy and quite sour. Not totally unexpected.

I guess I got a little lucky, because(after adjusting my grind) this third shot, although not the best, was very drinkable, with a nice bit of sweetness, while being surprisingly full bodied.😋
Screenshot_20230227-072410-01-01.jpeg

Back