Show "Trucks"

5F29EACD-7BB8-42AC-B821-8167E90C7A66.jpeg

Pen-f & O9-18

48345015772_9a03e19f01_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Qube UD Quon [P577] - B-Train Shipping Container Configuration by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Qube are one of the major transport operators operating out of Fremantle Port. I assume P577 had dropped off two containers and was preparing to leave the Port. I am not 100% sure but this looks like a B-Train or B-Double configuration which allows the operator to pull two shipping containers in the metropolitan area.

Last edited:
49010481446_2be2b01949_h.jpg

Iveco Stralis - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D6-08 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The reason for the warning signs for randonneurs. A few trucks on the road we had to work. All very courtesy and safe.

Day 6 of 12 - La Bastide-Puylaurent to Chasserades: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Technically, the Ford Ranchero is or was part truck and part automobile - a car with a smallish pickup bed grafted onto its rear - but it was or became one of the iconic suburban, urban and occasionally rural vehicles on the American vehicle-scape. This particular Ranchero is from the late 1950's - I saw it parked in a suburban driveway in the small Oregon town where I live - and there's something about its lines...that gets to me.

Ranchero_Rear_Light_PenF_Color3.jpg

This was taken with my new (to me) Olympus Pen F - using a modified 'color profile' to shoot an in-camera jpeg, something I have almost never done with any other camera, but the Pen F seems to lend itself to a different way of creating images.

Technically, the Ford Ranchero is or was part truck and part automobile - a car with a smallish pickup bed grafted onto its rear - but it was or became one of the iconic suburban, urban and occasionally rural vehicles on the American vehicle-scape. This particular Ranchero is from the late 1950's - I saw it parked in a suburban driveway in the small Oregon town where I live - and there's something about its lines...that gets to me.

My dad had a blue and white one with a 3 speed shift lever on the steering column. It is the vehicle in which I learned to drive!

Back