Leica Show us your film Leica

What KR does not understand: this lens was made for a film camera, not a digital camera. There are differences in how film lies at the plane of focus: it is not flat. When used with a Digital camera, the fast Cosina/Voigtlander and Zeiss lenses benefit from being optimized for digital.

I put one layer of copper tape on the RF cam of the 50/1.1 and 35/1.2. Focus is perfect with them on the M9, M Monochrom. For film- not as critical as there is a curvature.

214-dscf1185.jpg

I would have Gas'd up to! That is a beauty. The IIIb is "uncommon" compared to the III, IIIa, and IIIc.

It is a little beauty, the shutter blinds look good, the RF is useable and the shutter sounds ok. I snapped it up (body only) from an online dealer for £130 ($200) delivered, which I regard as a bargain these days. The smaller body size coupled with the benefits of the later style VF/RF makes it much more pocketable than the IIIc,f,g. I hope to take it out for a run sometime.

No need for apologies.

On the lens: the Pen F lenses would not cover the full-frame image. You could adapt an Olympus OM mount 50/1.8 or 50/1.4 lens to RF coupled M-Mount. Buy a Foto-Diox adapter, and make a cam for it. It's a "hack" that works. I was using a Minolta MC Mount 50/1.4 on the M8 yesterday.

A half-frame lens will just cover an M8 sensor: I converted a 28/2.8 Industar-69 to focus on a Leica.

The 50/1.8 Olympus would be quite good on the Leica. The first lens I converted from SLR mount to Leica RF coupled mount was the Konica 50/1.7. In the June '76 Pop Photo lens test, it equaled the Summicron Rigid type 2. Lens and adapter was $90, spent a day doing the conversion.

If the focus ring will not drive the RF cam to infinity, ie, the lens stops short of the camera indicating infinity: the helical needs to be screwed in farther to the mount. Start a thread and post the question, I will look over my computer for the images of the "how to".

Two classic beauties!

My IIIf is a converted Post-war IIIc, made just after the war. Came with a coated Elmar. I'll tell the camera grab-bag story on another thread...

xenon14.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1941 Leica IIIc with red shutter curtains, showing off my Xenon 50 f/1.5 from 1937. This was when I just received it from KEH. This lens was a mess.

I have 5 wartime IIIc Leicas, Brian. But I only have a single wartime lens.

1941 Leica IIIc with red shutter curtains, showing off my Xenon 50 f/1.5 from 1937. This was when I just received it from KEH. This lens was a mess.

I have 5 wartime IIIc Leicas, Brian. But I only have a single wartime lens.

Gorgeous. The results with the newly polished Xenon posted on Photo.net looked great. Could you post the images in our "Sample Archive"?

https://www.leicaplace.com/f34/

No one has posted any images with the Xenon.

I have pre-war bodies, and post-war bodies. I have two wartime Zeiss Sonnar 5cm F1.5's in original LTM, one odd one in Contax mount. The "odd one" has a different rear group, a doublet in place of the triplet. I also have a wartime Karat-Xenar converted to Leica mount and a 5cm F2 Sonnar "T" converted to Leica.

LeicaI03.jpg

Leica I (model E, 1938), with nickel Leitz 35mm f/3.5 Elmar (1936 If I recall correctly) and VIOOH variable focus viewfinder with lyre-shaped body and dual-range parallax correction.

Came to me as "Inoperative" from KEH.com. I've never been able to figure out what exactly was supposed to be inoperative about it.

Some of my Leica gear from two years ago.

barnacks02.jpg

Back row left to right:
Leica IIIc (1942) with 50mm f/2 Summar
Leica IIIa (1938) with 50mm f/3.5 Elmar (with IIIf flash synchronization upgrade)
Leica I (1938) with 35mm f/3.5 Elmar (Nickel)

Middle Row left to right:
Leica III (1936) with 50mm f/2 Summitar (This camera has since been sold)
Leica IIIc (1941, red curtains) with 50mm f/3.5 Elmar

Front Row
Leica IIIa (1937) with 90mm f/4 Elmar

Since then I've added 3 more IIIc cameras and my M3
I think I might be addicted to LTM cameras ;)

Back