Leica Show us your film Leica

ONe of my colleages is President of the Health Physicists Assoc. of America. I will inquire with her as to the biological risks. I probably would not leave the lens on a camera with film in storage.

As per my Physics teacher, 40 years ago-

Don't ingest it. Would cause problems if it gets into your stomach lining. Here is a guy smashing a Thorium glass Takumar with a sledge hammer, and a cloud of smashed glass going everywhere. I remembered the words of my Physics teacher when watching this.

Brian Ayling's photographic repair tips

I use a UV lamp, left over from an old optics lab. Does the trick, and does not dry out the lubricants as happens with sunlight. UV/c band will not work, as per reading about others trying it. I suspect the light in that band does not penetrate deep enough into the glass.

The current NCRP estimate for cataract formation is a threshold of about 2 Gy. At 7 microgray/hour, that is 286,000 hours of exposure…or so.

More recent studies suggest the threshold may be lower (1 – 1.5 Gy), with an extended latency period.

Per my Radiation safety officer

my Leica
full

My CL...
bought it with the summicron-c and elmar-c and also use it with a canon ltm 50mm 1.8 and an old komura 35mm/3.5
113.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thank you carlb, film_fascist and Brian. Appreciated!
This was a smart kitten who knew what button to press. Only the focus tab gave some problems for her...

Back