Show "Windows"

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
We see windowns everywhere. On computers, in buildings, cars, etc. We are surrounded by windows. New windows, old windows. Kick-off of this thread by you ! I will follow, thanks.

5115098103_b83d860870_b.jpg

LX5

Can't recall if I have already published this one here or not - but here you go, Herman!

Thanks Pictor and BBW for posting. These are really great images!
Pictor: are you using your G12 more often then your mft gear?
BBW: Are you living in middle of nowhere? With what camera did you shoot that image?
I got to take a look into my picbase to find something to post into this thread.
Will take a little time, but I will be back again soon!

are you using your G12 more often then your mft gear?

To be honest: yes. I was really happy with my Olympus, but now after the service marathon I am not happy with it in any way. Today I have got my camera back which showed double lines and they write that they have not found any errors. However, they write that they have adjusted the camera (why, since they say, everything is ok?). I will see tomorrow, if the error is gone. I hate testing cameras. I hate testing lenses again and again and again. It has taken months until now (since August) and I am still not sure if it works now as it should. I am not crazy, since - besides of the latest error - Olympus confirmed all errors I found. I want a camera which just works. The Canon G12 just works and it works well. Even if everything works now, it will be hard to be happy with my Olympus gear again. It was expensive and it has not the quality which it should have. I guess that I won't buy any µ4/3 again.

Herman, I wish I lived "in the middle of nowhere" in the terms of where this photo was taken. It was taken about two hours north of NYC in a little town called Sherman in western Connecticut. My friend has the most beautiful view! The only two digital cameras I have an my old "elvish" Canon SD800 IS elph and my trusty Panasonic LX-5, the Leica D-Lux off brand version.:tongue:

Christian, I don't want to digress too much but I am very upset to read about your PEN problems and their long history. However, I absolutely love your G12 windows photo! Wow!!

Thanks for replies.
Pictor: it's clear that you're disappointed by Oly. The G12 has become your number one camera. Your all days friend to take with you.
BBW: It's great to live in the middle of nowhere. I live in a very small town. It's great living, arounded by galleries, artists, tourists, hotels, etc. Why don't yuo move to nowhere?

Wow, thank you both, Kathy and Christina! One of the things I like so much about these different image threads is how one can see not each person's "take" on the world around them and also how different cameras and "pping" can effect the images, too.

Kathy, am I correct that those two were taken with your Leica X1? In your second, especially, I feel there's an old time film feeling going on. Have you checked out Pictor/Christian's thread: https://www.photographerslounge.org/f24/show-blandness-755/ Please be sure to read through it because I think we've all come to see that the typical definition of "blandness" doesn't hold true to the thread's theme. I mention it here because I think your second photo has the subtle qualities of "dan", as discussed within. There is much more to the Chinese term than our English language can cover with one word.

Christina - are you shooting jpegs with your NEX5? And are we in Seville? Gosh, I wish I lived in such a colorful and architecturally interesting place!

BB, it's Seville again. Since my hard drive crashed last month my library is a bit limited. I'm ashamed to say that I lost over 1,000 images. I do have an external hard drive with my photos on but had not backed them up for some time. Most of them were quite forgettable anyway but still ....... that'll teach me! I always shoot the NEX RAW and I find they really don't need much pp for my taste anyway. Spain is full of higgledy piggledy buildings, hardly any two are alike so it's always interesting to look upwards :)

Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear that you lost so many photos! On an upbeat note, however, I am extremely impressed with your NEX quality! I think I would like Spain very much!

Kathy - your second Venice image is beautiful.

Christilou - great colours. Are these straight out of the camera or have you tweaked them. I'm interested in your (and anyone else's) experience with the NEX5 since I'm slowly concluding that I want to get one. Maybe for Christmas.

Kathy - your second Venice image is beautiful.

Christilou - great colours. Are these straight out of the camera or have you tweaked them. I'm interested in your (and anyone else's) experience with the NEX5 since I'm slowly concluding that I want to get one. Maybe for Christmas.

Olli, the colours are straight out of the camera. I use RAW and have a setting in the menu for enhancing DR but I don't think it works in RAW. I haven't read the manual I confess :redface: I use the Punch setting and sharpening from the LR3 menu and that's usually it. I sometimes play with the curves just to see what I can get but don't often bother.

Back