I was wondering where I might post these from a recent nature hike/walk. My son and I are going to try and do one or two a week this summer. We have a bunch of trails in our area.

52113499416_c428e153e7_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSC05453 by telecast, on Flickr

52114006385_587e55efe4_o.jpg
DSC05448 by telecast, on Flickr

52112472907_27288f52cc_o.jpg
DSC05461 by telecast, on Flickr

D76E7BEB-44F4-4C51-8199-FAC3E9684B41.jpeg

I've lamented for too long the lack of a dedicated woodland photography thread here. So here it goes. Post your woodland images here. Take the open mindedly, as long as the "story" in the image happens in woodland/forest, it fits here just perfectly. Your main subject might be a distant deer in the forest, or some interesting rocks, doesn't have to be trees.

I'll kick off the thread with today's images:

DSC03211-1-LR_s.jpg
DSC03249-2-LR_s.jpg
DSC03272-3-LR_s.jpg
DSC03310-4-LR_s.jpg

I'm fine with this because it meets a passion of mine, but of course there are threads(!) covering this subject matter, for instance:

Then there's this which was probably considered a personal thread by many:
(This is in completely the wrong section, so it got overlooked, but nevertheless ... maybe it should land in a portraiture section, though.)

This would fit as well:

Essentially, this is what happens if threads get started but noone picks up on the theme and carries it on.

I'd actually love to do a merger of all four (or at least three) threads - would "Walk in the Woods" do as a title, or do you think "Woodland" would make more sense? After all, some people may be cycling in the woods or similar ...

M.

I'd actually love to do a merger of all four (or at least three) threads - would "Walk in the Woods" do as a title, or do you think "Woodland" would make more sense? After all, some people may be cycling in the woods or similar ...

M.
By all means, go on and merge these together. "A walk in the woods" might do as a title as well, but I do think simple "woodland" is at least quite concise...

By all means, go on and merge these together. "A walk in the woods" might do as a title as well, but I do think simple "woodland" is at least quite concise...
Thanks a lot for the speedy reply - I'll merge three of them and move the fourth over to a proper place. And I'll leave this little exchange intact as well - maybe it'll help others avoid forking off themed threads on the matter (or in general).

M.

Thanks a lot for the speedy reply - I'll merge three of them and move the fourth over to a proper place. And I'll leave this little exchange intact as well - maybe it'll help others avoid forking off themed threads on the matter (or in general).

M.
Lucky strike, I just happened to be on my tablet at the time.

I think I glanced at some of the threads you linked some time previously, but got the impression of a "private" thread instead of an open "show stuff" thread.

FWIW I find woodland photography probably the most challenging subgenre of landscape photography, and IMHO deserving of a dedicated thread.

Lucky strike, I just happened to be on my tablet at the time.

I think I glanced at some of the threads you linked some time previously, but got the impression of a "private" thread instead of an open "show stuff" thread.
I can relate - this is why I'm heavily in favour of this move; so far, five threads (some of them the dreaded "one-image" stubs) have been collected in this one, and there may be more if I come across them. Furthermore, a lot of what I do can now also be shown in this thread. The first target I can hit on foot are urban landscape, landscape and woodland.

FWIW I find woodland photography probably the most challenging subgenre of landscape photography, and IMHO deserving of a dedicated thread.
Absolutely, and I'm so happy with this that the thread is now a sticky one :)

I'll make a couple of other threads sticky as well, I think. Just contemplating which ...

M.

Back