Show: Your driveway

stillshunter

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
Mark
This is mine....well I don't own it all, but this is how the DP2 and I saw the view as we travelled down the driveway as we made our way down it early this morning to get the week's "Reflection" challenge shot.

Neither photo might be top shelf, but with this view how can you not have a spring in your step for the rest of the day? :yahoo:

5648709134_73ab268424_b.jpg

Dawn on the driveway by stillshunter, on Flickr

Thanks BB! I think what is most relaxing about this image is that you can't see a fence from this perspective. Not because they are a symbol of constraint, oppression, etc., but simply because they don't remind me of the five kilometres or so around my place that need attention :blush:

Any other driveways out there?

My driveway suddenly feels ever so small and insignifcant, it's hiding behind the garage and is refusing to come out to play. Sorry, no amount of coaxing is going to enourage it to smile for the camera.

Seriously though, stunning image Mark, absolutely stunning.

OK, Mark - this one's for you - a redo of an old E-PL1 jpeg... I'll be sure to follow up showing the length of the driveway...let's see that will be about 60 feet?:rofl:

5654820285_7c3e1278fc_b.jpg

Now that's why I started this thread! Great photo BB!

It's precisely what I love about driveways. I know they seem pretty insignificant (and sometimes unkempt), but they're that weird transition point between the public and the private - between you and the rest of the world. This photo illustrates that point perfectly! It shows your daughter bringing a little of the neighbourhood into her world.

For me, I make some sacrifice to be 'at one' with the world and so my driveway seems pretty seamless and integrated with the environment. Having said that, that means my gates always open to local ruffians - the main culprits this last few months have been foxes who have decimated my chicken population, wild pigs who are sending my pasture to mud and wombats (my favourites) who make escape routes for my dogs under every fence....

That is priceless, Amin! Love it!:D

You're actually so right, Mark about the public and private...nature's of driveways... Fortunately with summer come the leaves on the trees...so we're slightly more "protected".;)

Now, I must have a picture of those wombats and their escape routes!

Back