Film Show your Kodachrome shots

ajramirez

Hall of Famer
Name
Antonio
Last Saturday, a friend and I found ourselves reminiscing about Kodachrome 64. This morning I looked through my files for some Kodachrome shots to share. These are the first two:

7906448452_4f9808252d_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

El ceramista by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

7907057942_6977416fc7_o.jpg

The Manayunk Wall by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

These were taken during the Summer of 1992, the first one in some sort of fair somewhere close to Philadelphia, PA (really cannot remember anymore) and the second one at the Manayunk Wall during the 1992 Philadelphia International Championship. All shot on Kodachrome 64 with a Canon T90 and 35-105mm 3.5-4.5 nFD.

Please post some Kodachrome shots!

Cheers,

Antonio

Taken at the Santa Monica Pier in the mid 70's. Found a box of Kodachrome pics while cleaning out a closet about a month ago. My favorite film of all time. :)

Santa-Monica-Ride-LR_web.jpg

My Kodachrome efforts are mostly holiday shots taken with my old Contax 137MA in the late 80's / early nineties.

From Bali

Local kids messing about on the beach ( and what a lovely beach it was ! )

555.jpg

Beachcombers on the same beach later that day.

aas.jpg

Beach trader selling some towels, and not to happy with my derisory offer ;)

ssoi55.jpg

Tokyo Streets ( Oh so spotless and clean ! )

View attachment 58342

Nikko

View attachment 58343

Richard

Wow....these photos are cool. Was the dynamic range of the Kodachrome super low or are all of these harsh lighting conditions. I love the "look" but gotta say I'm spoiled by pulling stuff out of the shadows. Different results....obviously, but I still love the shots. I need to re-calibrate my eyes!

Wow....these photos are cool. Was the dynamic range of the Kodachrome super low or are all of these harsh lighting conditions. I love the "look" but gotta say I'm spoiled by pulling stuff out of the shadows. Different results....obviously, but I still love the shots. I need to re-calibrate my eyes!

The light was fairly harsh (New Mexico Summer light) but Kodachrome can be contrasty and tight as to dynamic range. Also, better scans may help. They certainly look better on my light box than they do on my computer screen...

Cheers,

Antonio

I never used Kodachrome, but always was impressed with the fantastic sharpness and saturation I saw in the camera magazines of the '70s and '80s.

When I read people discussing slide stock now, they talk about it's narrow latitude and the need to nail exposure perfectly. Only for experienced photographers, in fact.

Yet I am sure I remember many family photographs being taken with Kodachrome in 126 cassettes, in cameras that had only two settings - one for cloudy and one for sunny ... they always seemed to look fine. But maybe this is just me getting older and my memory is too cluttered up with stuff to be sure.

Back