Scenic Show your moon photos

53490310292_727574ccc1_h.jpg

O2231606-Enhanced-NR.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

On a doggie walk a few hours ago I chanced upon a very interesting moon moment, I noticed a large flock of crows were very agitated above the tree line, flying in and out against the background of a beautiful full moon rising above a pink line of clouds burnt but the sunset behind me and the dark blue clouds under the shadow of clouds bellow the sunset light.

O2231632-Enhanced-NR.JPG

After a couple of tries, I started wondering if I could get an image where one of the birds was passing right in front of the moon. Put the OM-1 in Pro Capture at 50 FPS to try and minimize my attempts and maximize the chance that the bird was right in the middle of the moon. The AF-C worked but it was too jumpy and fidgety, I switched to AF-S and it utterly failed to focus on the moon even though is more than bright enough and contrasty enough no matter the AF point size (OM-1 really pisses me off when it fails it's AF in such situations) so I ended up using manual focus instead.
I love the framing of this one because the triangle is made by the moon bird, left bird, and right bird on the tree.

O2231811-Enhanced-NR.JPG

The twin birds, I wish they had their wings spread just one frame earlier right in the middle of the moon but they were flatter than my bank account :p

O2231880-Enhanced-NR.JPG

And I got my one bird in the middle of the moon, which made me very happy to endure the cold and the wind :)

O2231900-Enhanced-NR.JPG

I kept this one because I gave me very I AM BATMAN vibes for some reason :)

O2231738-Enhanced-NR-Edit.JPG

I am so happy and proud of this one, the feeling of A World upon the Wings ... I was advised by a friend to try a different composition and I will try BUT I love this one because it's about the moon being the center of the sky, big and bright, and the bird just caressing the bottom of it is the story itself ... I think I will actually print this picture in a minute :)

Great shots Ovi! you need to post at least one of these in this months contest over on MU-43.com. An easy win IMHO

Back