Film Show: Your Old Pictures

phigmov

Top Veteran
Mar 23, 2015
If you're like me, you'll have a bunch of pre-digital photos. Lets see them :)

Most of these were taken with either a Pentax K1000 + cheap off-brand zoom or an Olympus mju zoom or mju II. I had only the vaguest idea of film, metering, filters or lenses - the little Oly pocket AF cameras did a much better job than my rather inept manual shooting on the Pentax.

A couple from Sydney (mid-2000 from memory)

New York (mid-2000)

Rome (mid-2002)

Somewhere in the UK (2001-ish)

Long-boating near Manchester (mid-2001 I think)

BromV

Regular
Apr 26, 2015
Hunterdon Cty., New Jersey
I've got lots. Here are a couple, both from the early 1970s:

This is scanned from a drugstore print, probably PlusX shot with the Signet 35. John and Charlie don't look quite the same today. I, on the other hand, haven't changed a bit.

Kodachrome, shot with the 35RC. The dash of my then-new 1973 Fiat 124 Spyder:

480sparky

Regular
Aug 24, 2015
Ken
I found out I'm a regular plagiarist once I started digitizing my grandfathers old photos:

His:

Mine:

His:

Mine:

His:

Mine:

His:

Mine:

His:

Mine:

His:

Mine:

His:

Mine:

phigmov

Top Veteran
Mar 23, 2015
A friend of mine in the DJ booth at a uni student radio station in '89 or 90. Pretty sure this was shot with an Olympus Pen S (inherited from my father who used it in the 1960's) and some Kodak film.

Lots of carts & vinyl. May have been a solitary CD player hidden away in a corner somewhere. Fairly certain this was a graveyard 12-6am shift - lots of phone in requests from student parties up until 3.30-4am and then its deathly quiet for a few hours until dawn breaks and the morning crew takes over.

BromV

Regular
Apr 26, 2015
Hunterdon Cty., New Jersey
Back in the early 90s, I tried to take a picture of our house on the same day of each month, at the same time and from as close as possible to the same location, for one year. I don't remember what the film was, and the negatives are long gone, but I'm sure it was Kodak. I do remember standing at the end of the driveway, holding the 35RC to my eye while holding a previous print in the other hand, trying to get the framing the same. I won't inflict all 12 on you, but here is one from each season:

January

April

July

October

Regards,
BV

phigmov

Top Veteran
Mar 23, 2015
Back in the early 90s, I tried to take a picture of our house on the same day of each month, at the same time and from as close as possible to the same location, for one year. I don't remember what the film was, and the negatives are long gone, but I'm sure it was Kodak. I do remember standing at the end of the driveway, holding the 35RC to my eye while holding a previous print in the other hand, trying to get the framing the same. I won't inflict all 12 on you, but here is one from each season:
Nice! I'll have to give this a go.

Maybe combine them into an animated gif ?

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom