Film Show: Your Old Pictures

Good Morning,

These were taken a few weeks ago in Boston; Canon 7 film camera, Canon LTM 35mm f2 lens (K2 filter), on Delta 100 and processed in DxO Nik Film Pack, scanned with Canon Canoscan FS-4000US.

Regards,

Edd

Kids1_Nik_DxO.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Market3_DxO.jpg
Market1_Nik_DxO.jpg

Good Evening,

I'm continuing to scan a series of Kodachrome's that I shot at the Rhyolite ghost town in the northern end of Death Valley back in the early to mid 70's. I am amazed at the long-term stabile color and contrast they still retain to this day.

Regards,

Edd

View attachment 324341View attachment 324342View attachment 324343View attachment 324344View attachment 324345View attachment 324347View attachment 324348
I did not see the bottle house when I was there a couple years ago. Hopefully I just missed them and it’s not gone forever.

Good Evening,

This is a scan from my Rolleiflex f2.8 (Model E) that I had with me during the crazy times in SEA from about 1970-1973 (+/- a few weeks). LeiAn was making a "sweet treat" which was sugar coated rice fire-roasted in hollowed-out bamboo. The place was the in the capital of Laos, Vientiane, just about 2Km from all the embassies/diplomatic missions; PRC, PRK, PRNV, USSR and the all the rest. Since Laos was a neutral country (Good Lord...:rolleyes:) the unwritten rule was everyone played nice while downtown. Venturing outside of the "Ring"...well then all bets were off.

Regards,

Edd

View attachment 323509
What a smile she has!

Good Evening,

This image was taken at one of the teakwood logging sites in Northern Thailand, just outside of Chiang Mai (King's Summer Home). I learned a few years ago that these creatures were finally rescued and now roam freely in a large wildlife preserve. I was taken back, even at that crazy time in my life, seeing the shackles and the staff/rod with a metal hook which was used to get the elephants "attention". Taken with my Rolleiflex E f2.8, on Plus-X (ASA 125).

Regards,

Edd

Elelphant-1.jpg

Good Evening,

From another time in my life; I was a guest of the command staff at the Goldstone Tracking Range during the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project (July 1975). My "minder" prevented me from taking photos inside of the command center, but I did get to take this one, and he managed to get one of me with the 210 foot diameter antenna "side by each"...:); I'll have to scan that one this week. Taken with my Rolleiflex E (80mm f2.8 Planar) on Kodak Panatomic-X (ASA32).

Regards,

Edd

Goldstone1 Reduced.JPG

Finished 30 boxes of my dads old slides and came across these. Never seen anything like this before... steel mounted slides. Appear to be tourist shots from a pro - the sort of thing you'd pick up in a souvenir shop to take home. Talk about over-engineering. German of course. Nice heft to each slide. I can imagine a box-set would be quite a weight. I guess my dad would have picked a few out as they would have been quite pricey at the time.

52286595656_2420a1ac5c_o.jpg
P8140003 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

Back