Show your panoramas

Camps Bay tidal pool on Friday morning - 4 images stitched in ICE, Nikon Z fc + 28mm lens

1800px_ZFC_1314_stitch CB Tidal Pool 4 pix CB tidal pool pano.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This was in the top of the old silo on our family farm. My brother (in yellow) built a platform near the top. I set the tripod in the centre, and had family sit around about a quarter of the circumference. Then I'd take a shot and rotate, and those who were no longer in the frame moved to the beginning of the line, so they appear multiple times in the pan.

Olympus OM-4Ti. Suspect 24mm ƒ/2.8 lens, set hyperfocal. Ektachrome 200.
Eight frames, about 330° — was supposed to be 360°, but the last frame had a problem and was black.
Summer 1998. Just got around to stitching it. :)
98-1261-01-09 Silo Pan.jpg

This was in the top of the old silo on our family farm. My brother (in yellow) built a platform near the top. I set the tripod in the centre, and had family sit around about a quarter of the circumference. Then I'd take a shot and rotate, and those who were no longer in the frame moved to the beginning of the line, so they appear multiple times in the pan.

Olympus OM-4Ti. Suspect 24mm ƒ/2.8 lens, set hyperfocal. Ektachrome 200.
Eight frames, about 330° — was supposed to be 360°, but the last frame had a problem and was black.
Summer 1998. Just got around to stitching it. :)
View attachment 367228
What a fun concept (as well as a very good execution), Jan!

- K

Can't believe I hadn't seen this thread until now, I do love a pano! Here's a 9 shot pano taken last week (cropped a bit so is probably the equivalent of 8 shots), hand held on a telephoto lens because I couldn't be bothered to switch to a wider lens... don't judge me, I didn't want sand on my sensor!
Z4060279-Pano.jpg

OVI01631-Pano.JPG

Getting back into large panorama at telephoto FL and wide apertures.

OVI01649-Pano.JPG

I have waited a year for this view, these trees will have their flowers for only a week or so more before they get blown by the typical local weather. I am hoping to get someone to model for me on the road before the chance is gone.

Back