Show Your Stealthy Snaps

AZK9lover

Regular
Name
Stan
How fun to be a member of this new site and see familiar faces already from MU-43 and SC!

Thanks to the silent shutter of the X100, I have been able to capture some "stealthy" images that may otherwise not be possible (or allowed...), with the added bonus of larger sensor details in less ideal shooting conditions. I'm attaching a few of my more meaningful captures, and invite you to add yours... provided that no objectionable personal violations were made as a result of the images... but I guess that may be subject to interpretation ;)

I was asked by my sister to photograph her daughter's baptism, but at the last minute, the usher told everyone that despite initial permission given to photograph the family moment, the priest suddenly decided he didn't want photographers interrupting the ceremony. Sitting at the opposite end of the pew I just couldn't resist, set the X100 on stealth mode, and captured some images that my sister still cherishes. These are by no means great photos but the amazing X100 sensor allowed me to crop and process the images to my liking, with what would otherwise have been dismal pictures due to the distance and difficult church lighting.

8132849620_5d70bd8639_z.jpg

Sophie's Baptism by AZK9lover11, on Flickr

8132849094_20ac9209b8_z.jpg

8132849466_09c10695c2_z.jpg

Warmest greetings from Arizona,
Stan

Attachments

• DSCF0776.jpg
    DSCF0776.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 147
Silent shooting

I have turned off all the sounds on the X100 and it is perfect for street / people shots without drawing attention, the style of the camera leads to people looking and looking away as they do not feel threatened thinking "who is that bloke with the old camera".

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A couple of my street shots

I took these with the X100 that I always have set on silent and the subjects were not aware at all, great camera for this and those that see it ignore it as it does not look intimidating!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Show Your Stealthy Snaps

How fun to be a member of this new site and see familiar faces already from MU-43 and SC!

Thanks to the silent shutter of the X100, I have been able to capture some "stealthy" images that may otherwise not be possible (or allowed...), with the added bonus of larger sensor details in less ideal shooting conditions. I'm attaching a few of my more meaningful captures, and invite you to add yours... provided that no objectionable personal violations were made as a result of the images... but I guess that may be subject to interpretation

I was asked by my sister to photograph her daughter's baptism, but at the last minute, the usher told everyone that despite initial permission given to photograph the family moment, the priest suddenly decided he didn't want photographers interrupting the ceremony. Sitting at the opposite end of the pew I just couldn't resist, set the X100 on stealth mode, and captured some images that my sister still cherishes. These are by no means great photos but the amazing X100 sensor allowed me to crop and process the images to my liking, with what would otherwise have been dismal pictures due to the distance and difficult church lighting.

Good for you! Recording special family moments like these is our highest calling as photographers.The pictures look great.My X100 is always in silent mode.The silent shutter is one of it's nice features.I'm curious,do you all use yours in silent?

Back