Show "Yourself" self-portraits (selfies!)

Me selfi
Hello im am iko from israelView attachment 356845

Hey, Iko, welcome!
One of the (many) things I like about this photograph is - or are - the contrasts between the definitely out-of-focus areas on the left-hand side - versus the crisp sharpness on the right. It's a very cool visual effect. Also, looking at the multiplicity of gray tones in what is nominally a black-and-white photograph, I'm impressed by the ability of your X100v to render monochromes.
All in all, a really cool image.

P1074502.1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hey, Iko, welcome!
One of the (many) things I like about this photograph is - or are - the contrasts between the definitely out-of-focus areas on the left-hand side - versus the crisp sharpness on the right. It's a very cool visual effect. Also, looking at the multiplicity of gray tones in what is nominally a black-and-white photograph, I'm impressed by the ability of your X100v to render monochromes.
I really appreciate your response, thank you very much

Hey, Iko, welcome!
Thank you very much

Took quite a bit of courage to point the camera at myself, for whatever (ironic) reason I'm not comfortable in front of my favourite device. I haven't made a selfie in a very long time:
OVI02397-Edit.JPG

(The camera did manage to miss the focus on the eye just a little bit but eh, I won't be doing this for another few years :p )

Took quite a bit of courage to point the camera at myself, for whatever (ironic) reason I'm not comfortable in front of my favourite device. I haven't made a selfie in a very long time:
View attachment 357669
(The camera did manage to miss the focus on the eye just a little bit but eh, I won't be doing this for another few years :p )
Good on you Ovi!

I felt the same way when I did mine too. All I could see was the wrinkles, spots, stray nose hairs, etc! HAHA!

As far as your portrait goes, I am just envious. No matter how hard I try, I'm simply incapable of growing such a magnificent beard! Well played sir!

I felt the same way when I did mine too. All I could see was the wrinkles, spots, stray nose hairs, etc! HAHA!

As far as your portrait goes, I am just envious. No matter how hard I try, I'm simply incapable of growing such a magnificent beard! Well played sir!
Thank you, I really appreciate it. I don't care how i look to be honest. I'm just terrified of being noticed, seen, known.

I am actually regrowing my beard and that's 4 months progress from scratch, I want to look like the baby of Gandalf and Dumbledor.
And I will dunk my head in a bucket of white paint if I have to.

Maybe I've been listening a bit too much to The Beatles lately (one of my favourites, Sgt. Peppers).
Like an ear-worm I've got this phrase repeating itself in my head:

"Picture yourself in a boat on a river
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes…"

So here's the selfie of a man with Kaleidoscope eyes. ;)
P1234672.2KFp.jpg

Last edited:
Well, well....who'd have thunked it? I made it to the grand old age of 68. That's my benchmark. My Grandfather Leon died at the age of 67 from cancer. He saw 2 great wars and fought in one of them. He was in the retreat from Mons, an "Old Contemptible".

Now, I look back on my years and how I feel, I realise that 67 was no great age. He saw a lot in his time, but never saw the best of it. I feel a bit like Djokovic waiting for his record breaking grand slam. Another 2 years to 70 and I will have cracked it. But then I could be knocked over by a No.9 bus tomorrow (as the old saying goes). Worryingly, we do have a No.9 bus here in Billericay. I wonder if one has my name on it. I take no comfort from the fact that you don't see a bus for ages, then they all come along at once. So it might be f'dump f'dump f'dump as they each have a bash. Anyways, I don't feel like 68 in my head.....the body is a different matter entirely. I feel like it's put together with box string and glue. I have had a heart attack, now have Parkinson's. I have fractured both legs in recent past, can't feel my legs below the knees, smashed my face into a brick wall, knocked myself out in London after a fall, and at about 4am every morning I stumble like a cripple from door frame to door frame as support in a life or death race to the loo. So far, I have won each time. I can still lift a camera and I am still quick on the draw in street photography thank goodness. I have a wonderful wife who keeps me alive and a wonderful family. Life ain't bad at all. Here's to the next 32yrs and a telegram from King Charles? King William?, King Andrew ?
51826745664_8b18e622a8_o.jpg
(OMG)!

Back