Show "Yourself" self-portraits (selfies!)

i-LKWZQDL-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

New camera, new lens...new self-portrait.
The camera is a Pentax LP.
The lens is the tiniest most minuscule pancake-style lens I think I have ever had, for any interchangeable lens camera: the Pentax DA 40 Ltd, just purchased, lightly used, from a Pentaxian.
It just arrived tonight. So this is one of the first images taken with it.
Hard to believe how small (thin) this tiny lens is.

PPPPinholePentaxPhotographer.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I've taken plenty of pictures of myself for one reason or another (I'm sure vanity is somewhere in there), but I couldn't remember if I had taken any with a camera. As it turns out, I've done plenty of that too, but not for 10 years or so. None of these are all that great, hence the small size and minimal editing. You'll have to click them, if you want to see the full size (still a smallish photo anyway).

around-1966sm.jpg around-2004sm.jpg around-2007sm.jpg around-2008sm.jpg around-jan-2007sm.jpg

this thread seems to have slightly derailed.....as the name suggest it is "me (the photographer) and my X (a Fuji camera)".....technically speaking, none of the last three fit. Can someone point to a brand agnostic self-portrait thread....and I'll move those posts when I get back from an appointment.

this thread seems to have slightly derailed.....as the name suggest it is "me (the photographer) and my X (a Fuji camera)".....technically speaking, none of the last three fit. Can someone point to a brand agnostic self-portrait thread....and I'll move those posts when I get back from an appointment.

Good point Luke, and sorry - my bad - reading the initial post with the letter 'X' my brain short-circuited - I interpreted X = self (an occasional social-media abbreviation) - hence my two previous (and mistaken) postings. Thanks for the clarification and I will take more time actually reading what the text says, next time (embarrassed grin)

Now I'm confused. I looked at your first post in this thread - from 2013 - and your photo has disappeared into the ether, but from those that closely followed, it looked like members were posting selfie-sortas, with their cameras in the picture. That's what I did. Two of the last three posts seem to fit that category, as far as I can tell. Only Mike G posted one with no visible camera on this page. If the problem is that some, including me, didn't include any info about the camera, like brand name, then that should have been more clear in the first post. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious. I just thought this was a thread to show pics of the member AND the camera they are using at the time, but nothing more specific than that.

Back