Show "Yourself" self-portraits (selfies!)

50592667626_d94348e63c_h.jpg

Selfie #2 - Mont Lozére - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D8-20
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Madame Anne and I on the summit of Mont Lozére. Still smiling before the descent and long walk to Le Pont de Montvert.

Day 8 of 12 – Le Bleymard to Le Pont de Montvert: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

PB144929.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

50843749113_de48337394_h.jpg

Now the Silence is Yours
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

We paused and had our photo taken at a homage to Monsieur Alain Raymond Senn which is at the Col de la Planette.

Raymond Senn was chairman of the Department of Hiking. He created the GR.68 and for more than twenty years maintained all the GRs in this region. It was because of his efforts we could in 2018 walk the GR70 in this area. Thank you, Monsieur Senn.

The homage reads (Google Translate):

Now the silence is yours.

On these drailles which you animated, at the crossroads of these paths which you marked out, Lozere did not pass forgets Alsace, the friend.

In French:

Desormais le silence t'appartient.

Sur ces drailles que tu animais, a la croisee de ces chemins que tu as balises, la Lozere n' a pass oublie l'alsacient, l'ami.

Taken with the tiny and oh-so-thin Olympus fisheye pancake lens, on my now dinosaur-like infrared-converted GX1 - the entire package, camera + lens, may be the tiniest micro 4/3 camera I've ever had. And the infrared sensor messes with my normal expectations for what a black & white image should be---

GX1_Feb8_21_Midnight_fisheye_me_w-Totoro.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Autobiographical note: this was taken in the wee-wee hours, just after midnight... a good time to wear one's Totoro cap... just in case.

Back