Show "Yourself" self-portraits (selfies!)

More of a «this is what I look like in my 7th decade on a good day" than anything very creative or photographically interesting. A cell phone selfie, to boot.
20210627_144529-01.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One of those high contrast days when everything is either in the shadows or unspeakably bright. Took this image to show off my industrial strength N95 face mask, which has now become mandatory going-outside gear given the unhealthful levels of southern Oregon's air pollution, due to the neighboring gargantuan wildfires.

GX9_Aug26_21_me_in_mirror(silver.efex).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Fisheye in a hotel mirror. A few years back.
View attachment 270087

I like this shot a lot, Don.
For some reason, it has (for me at least) a quality of real mystery to it.
It might almost be a still frame from a futuristic sci-fi thriller, in which the protagonist suddenly finds themselves inside a hotel where all normal colors have switched to monochromatic hues, and where normal perspectives have suddenly become distorted and semi-fisheyes. But even without the sci-fi interpretation, it's a cool angle.

I like this shot a lot, Don.
For some reason, it has (for me at least) a quality of real mystery to it.
It might almost be a still frame from a futuristic sci-fi thriller, in which the protagonist suddenly finds themselves inside a hotel where all normal colors have switched to monochromatic hues, and where normal perspectives have suddenly become distorted and semi-fisheyes. But even without the sci-fi interpretation, it's a cool angle.
Miguel , I like your imagination. It makes this image
seem a lot cooler than I remember. Thank you. Now whenever I see this image I am going think about that weird sci-fi hotel! 😊

Back