Show "Yourself" self-portraits (selfies!)

That's me last year; just look at that terrible posture. Shortly thereafter I suffered sever back pain from which I'm still trying to recover. Wife is now the master of the snowblowing operation for the foreseeable future.

View attachment 355299
John,

You didn't ask for suggestions, but I'm going to give you one.

Do yourself a favor and investigate yoga.

I've got a bulging disk that had me hunched over like you are about 10 years ago. After some preliminary physical therapy, I signed up for a yoga 1 class.

I won't lie and tell you I got immediate relief. It was on the order of 6 months. I've not had a severe perterbation since then.

I'm now a dedicated yogi. 3-4 times a week, and when I feel something going on with my back, I know the postures that will relieve the problem.

Good luck and Happy New Year!

John,

You didn't ask for suggestions, but I'm going to give you one.

Do yourself a favor and investigate yoga.

I've got a bulging disk that had me hunched over like you are about 10 years ago. After some preliminary physical therapy, I signed up for a yoga 1 class.

I won't lie and tell you I got immediate relief. It was on the order of 6 months. I've not had a severe perterbation since then.

I'm now a dedicated yogi. 3-4 times a week, and when I feel something going on with my back, I know the postures that will relieve the problem.

Good luck and Happy New Year!
Thanks Chris, I'll certainly investigate to see if it might help me. The back was pretty good before using the new snowblower last year, which was the immediate cause of the problem. But at 84 years, I suspect there was an underlying issue hiding in the old stack 'o bones.

Thanks Chris, I'll certainly investigate to see if it might help me. The back was pretty good before using the new snowblower last year, which was the immediate cause of the problem. But at 84 years, I suspect there was an underlying issue hiding in the old stack 'o bones.
Good luck.

I had an excellent instructor that worked very carefully with me.

We had some folks your age in our classes, so don't let that stop you.

That's me last year; just look at that terrible posture. Shortly thereafter I suffered sever back pain from which I'm still trying to recover. Wife is now the master of the snowblowing operation for the foreseeable future.

View attachment 355299
I fully appreciate your problem, John. My good lady wife, and a couple of our neighbours, now look after most of the gardening and such like.

My lumbar spine is knackered, and so are both shoulders. Really gives me the sh¡ts ... ☹️ 😤 .

Commiserations, mate.

Sometimes, with the advent of colder weather in the winter months, the world seems like more of a black and white place...

EP5_Dec29_22_autorretrato_blanco_y_negro.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Fortunately there are plenty of intriguing greytones betwixt and between.

:Welcome:Iko.
Just click at *edit* under your selfie, Iko. Then go to the icon and click *insert* ––> *full image* (instead of icon).
After this we all can enjoy your selfie in bigger size.
Thank you very much for the explanation, I will fix it .

Back