Leica Showcase Sigma 45mm F2.8 "L-Mount"

Hi Folks - My Sigma 45mm f2.8 arrived today. I've been without an autofocus lens on my Leica CL for over a year. So far this new lens addition is performing exceptionally. 'Thought I'd post some early grab shots, (most with very familiar image subjects. :rolleyes-74:). Also a screen shot from Lightroom showing a portion of one of the images at 2:1. All images were from DNG files with light processing in Lightroom "Classic".
. . . David
Leica CL and Sigma 45mm f2.8-3.jpg

Leica CL and Sigma 45mm f2.8.jpg

Leica CL and Sigma 45mm f2.8-4.jpg

Leica CL and Sigma 45mm f2.8-2.jpg

2-1 Lightroom Screen Shot.png

Bugger ... Now I really want that one. And here's me not wanting to extend the Sony E collection any further (got no L mount body).

Looks like I have to get the Techart Pro TZE-01 adapter just for that lens ... :p

Honestly, what I really want it to put that lens on my Nikon Z 6. That would be right up my alley ...

M.

Some of the folks over in "Leicaland" are having a field day as they discuss how "not sharp" the new Sigma 45mm is wide open. One comment even mentioned that the softness might be appropriate for portraiture.
OK, I'm working this through. Maybe a bad run of the new lens? Certainly not the case with our copy. I'm not much of a "pixel peeper" but I do expect my lenses to perform well wide open whether for my Fuji camera bodies or for my Leica CL. The attached screen shot out of Lightroom at 1:1 certainly passes my sharpness expectations.
'Just saying. . . . . . .
. . . David
Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 9.24.19 AM.png

Some of the folks over in "Leicaland" are having a field day as they discuss how "not sharp" the new Sigma 45mm is wide open. One comment even mentioned that the softness might be appropriate for portraiture.
OK, I'm working this through. Maybe a bad run of the new lens? Certainly not the case with our copy. I'm not much of a "pixel peeper" but I do expect my lenses to perform well wide open whether for my Fuji camera bodies or for my Leica CL. The attached screen shot out of Lightroom at 1:1 certainly passes my sharpness expectations.
'Just saying. . . . . . .
. . . David
View attachment 204979

Looks sharp to me, even through the glasses which might cause some weird distortion, but even then you can count eyelashes. On a subject with no glasses, it should be perfect! Looking good!

No regrets, although I screwed big time my Canon to Leica transfer (I would have wanted to continue using EF 50mm F1.2L but adapter things are difficult between original SL and EF lenses 🙄)

Sigma 45 seems excellent combo size and quality wise.

7E39AB91-519E-4FD2-BD21-DA86E1A6265A.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

E40A6926-D459-4FE8-A7F7-ADF454203678.jpeg

E76B2649-BAAB-4884-90E4-F7928DC9A143.jpeg

B212176A-38B4-44FA-9A0F-2A20B99D0B7A.jpeg

Back