L-Mount Sigma 50 1.4 for L mount?

Leica L-Mount cameras and lenses

christilou

Legend
So .... what do we think about the new Sigma 50 1.4 for L mount? I'm quite interested in having an auto focus 50mm as at the moment I only have the wieldy Sigma 35mm Art. I was thinking about selling the SL2s and buying something else with lighter af lenses.

So .... what do we think about the new Sigma 50 1.4 for L mount? I'm quite interested in having an auto focus 50mm as at the moment I only have the wieldy Sigma 35mm Art. I was thinking about selling the SL2s and buying something else with lighter af lenses.

Sigma looks like a great option - good bang for your buck.

To go smaller (and less expensive), while staying in L-Mount, the new Panasonic S5ii looks great.

Or, if you want to repurpose your M-Mount glass, you could consider adding AF to them by using one of the Techart AF adapters. (Only available for Sony or Nikon at the moment though, I believe). That would give you top quality small glass with AF.

Sigma looks like a great option - good bang for your buck.

To go smaller (and less expensive), while staying in L-Mount, the new Panasonic S5ii looks great.

Or, if you want to repurpose your M-Mount glass, you could consider adding AF to them by using one of the Techart AF adapters. (Only available for Sony or Nikon at the moment though, I believe). That would give you top quality small glass with AF.

Yes, Sigma has proved to be very competitive in this market. I bought a used Techart adapter for Sony some years ago but found that there was a weight limit for the lens to work well. In my case both the Voigtlander 35mm 1.2 Nokton and the Leica 50mm Summilux were far too heavy for it and so I returned it. Perhaps they have improved by now ?

Yes, Sigma has proved to be very competitive in this market. I bought a used Techart adapter for Sony some years ago but found that there was a weight limit for the lens to work well. In my case both the Voigtlander 35mm 1.2 Nokton and the Leica 50mm Summilux were far too heavy for it and so I returned it. Perhaps they have improved by now ?

Yep, the weight limit of the new Sony and Nikon adapters has increased, now up to 500g vs the 300g previously. Plus the motors are smaller and around the adapter, so no longer require the “bulge” at the bottom like the old adapters did. AF is supposed to be better and quieter too.

Now, I have never tried any of these adaptors, but have read up on them a fair bit. Just haven’t taken the plunge.

Back