Sigma Sigma DP Series Image Thread

Fantastic shots everyone.

Ray, do you have any side by side comparison of the DP and A? I want to see how much more detailed the DP is and can you achieve similar result with A with some clarity boast for example?

Fantastic shots everyone.

Ray, do you have any side by side comparison of the DP and A? I want to see how much more detailed the DP is and can you achieve similar result with A with some clarity boast for example?

Check out post 425 on page 43 of this thread. I ended up keeping it for the full trial, but I think my conclusion in that post is ultimately still my conclusion...

There's a difference. If you pixel peep, its a really impressive difference. If you don't pixel peep and you sharpen the Nikon files a bit, I'd argue its not enough difference to matter to the final image for typical display sizes. But that's for ME and the kind of photography I tend to do. Many here would disagree, probably strongly. The bottom line is the Sigma shows a lot more detail, but the Nikon is no slouch - the Sigma's just THAT good. Whether or how much it matters is down to the individual shooter. For what I shoot 99% of the time, it doesn't matter. If I took more month long vacations to the Amalfi Coast, it would matter and I'd get a Sigma also. As is, my loaner is boxed up and just waiting for a return authorization and a shipping label... But I've really enjoyed shooting with it. And I didn't enjoy but got used to processing the files... And I enjoyed the finished products a lot...

-Ray

Attachments

• 9473023608_671ed2a884_b.jpg
    9473023608_671ed2a884_b.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 33
Perhaps I've said it before, but the DP's IQ is simply excellent. Someone told me it is a hidden gem in cameraland. And it is a gem!
Thanks for saring these photos.
Peter

Visit to San Francisco farmer's market at the ferry building today. Mainly DP1M shot zone focus monochrome.

_P1M0240.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_P1M0225.jpg

_P1M0215.jpg

We had a pork sandwich for lunch. The line was about 20-30 minutes to get to this point...
_P1M0188.jpg

_P1M0174.jpg

Gary

The Sheffield Memorial park at Puisieux on the Somme battlefield in Pas de Calais, France. This area is dedicated to the Sheffield, Accrington and Bradford 'Pals' brigades that went over the top to their tragic deaths on the 1st of July 1916. (DP2M, processed in LR5 and NIK CEP)

9556767046_bfd8fd1fe6_b_d.jpg

Back