Sigma Sigma DP Series Image Thread

Wrigley House

i-ghCBZTG-M.jpg

I can feel the cold, Tilman!

I've never used a DP camera and might not have the patience I hear it takes to use one, but I do know that I love the image quality both in black and white and color. I've been admiring the photographs I've seen for a long time. The detail in this one, in particular, and the almost palpable three dimension is remarkable! I love the sense of I have of standing right there - as though I was there with you, looking across and up at that church/monastery/school on the hill...through all those bare trees.

Although, buyhighselllow, your photograph is not the same with regard to the depth of field, there's a deep quality that is, again, I think foevon related. I'd love to see yours in a larger version if you have another opportunity to post.

P.S. So the DP can be used with gloves on, eh? That is a very big plus in the winter!

Thanks BB for your kind words! : ) Glad you like it!
Yes, it's shots like this that keep me going with the DP1 and DP2. I did buy a NX100 2 months ago, with the hope to get a more versatile option, but it's not quite the same. It is quite nice, but the scroll wheel on the NX100 broke after just one month so I didn't get much use out of it yet. Never had any problems with the Sigmas (so far - touch wood :)
I have the feeling that the Sigmas have the best lenses I own. Brilliant lenses, very small and not too expensive for what they are (especially if you bought them a while after they were released.)

I have added the Franiec grip to both and JJC auto lens caps (those 3part lens caps that just fold back when the lens extends). Like that it's no problem to operate them with thin gloves (mine are some sort of neoprene I guess). The buttons are far enough apart and the thumb rest is wide enough... Works pretty well for me.

cheers,
Tilman

P.S.: I tried to add the shot in original size but something went wrong with the aspect ratio so I removed it again. I think you already saw it over at flickr anyway :)

You've been holding out on me, Steve - I didn't know you had a DP, too! Now I will look carefully at each photo. I see a couple that jump right out at me from the thumbnails - the middle one in your top row, the first (Stanley) in your second, and the first in your third row.

What animal was the skeleton?

P.S. in your non lolcat photo, the tree reminds me of a crocodile/alligator!

Hi and welcome sanebyday! To display the photo, click on it in your flickr stream to go to the lightbox, go to "show all sizes" and then copy the image location by right-clicking on the image, you should get a link ending on .jpeg, like the one below:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7175/6604056055_b8935887d1_b.jpg
and then you can place it between
brackets (or use the "insert image" button).

nice image, by the way! Looking forward to seeing more of your work! (there's a welcome and introduction forum here: Welcomes and Introductions feel free to let us know who you are!)

The Foveon sensor isnt as big as MFT or APS-C is it? Its still gorgeous, methinks.

As far as I know the Foveon sensor has a crop factor of ~1.7 compared to 35mm 'full frame'.
(Nikon has about 1.5 on it's APS-C cameras, Canon ~1.6 and m43 has a crop factor of 2)

Hope I got that about right :)
cheers,
Tilman

Back