Sigma Sigma DP Series Image Thread

No Red not consciously anyway. I have had a month without using the camera, first break for maybe four years where it was daily prior too that. But I'd say I did a short series this one included where I took a darker overall tone too the images and quite liked the way they were turning out. Possible reverting back to when I started digital. A more enigmatic look without wishing too see every bit of detail. Getting a bit fed up of detail for its own sake and mood is too the fore. Maybe feel the photo rather than see it ;)

Hmm - in a similar vein I'm looking at paint at moment

Good idea. I always have an easel up having painted drawn much more than photographed, thirty or so years. I am actually not over keen on hung photographs, far too flat, I do love photography for family snaps. Although exploring and image making process is enjoyable. I was myself looking at printing presses last night, beats buying a new camera these days.
Good luck with the painting.

Good idea. I always have an easel up having painted drawn much more than photographed, thirty or so years. I am actually not over keen on hung photographs, far too flat, I do love photography for family snaps. Although exploring and image making process is enjoyable. I was myself looking at printing presses last night, beats buying a new camera these days.
Good luck with the painting.

Not even put brush to canvas yet - always been better with pencil but something magnetic is pulling me to paint - currently playing with digital format paint but have gessoed some small canvases in preparation for making some big mistakes

Not even put brush to canvas yet - always been better with pencil but something magnetic is pulling me to paint - currently playing with digital format paint but have gessoed some small canvases in preparation for making some big mistakes
All I'd recommend is too use the best pigments you can afford and not base level ones. They go further and the quality shines through.

Thanks Julian I'll bear that in mind when my Lidl paint set runs out. At moment I have desire but not sure if it will transform to a longer term commitment

If that means my efforts would be worth millions Well I'd be OK with that. Kandinsky I've known since I was a teenager (and admired) but had to remind myself of Franz Marc - Looks like I prefer August Macke

Back