Sigma Sigma DP Series Image Thread

Some shots from the local farmer's market using the DP2M

_P2M2107.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_P2M2127.jpg

_P2M2117.jpg

Hopefully ok to sneak in some 50% crop shots from the SD1M taken during a walk from the 17-70f2.8-4 Zoom both shot at 70mm

SDIM1291.jpg

SDIM1294.jpg

Gary

I posted a few of my Sigma shots from Italy earlier - mostly from the first week of our trip in Praiano. I shot a bunch more in Positano, which is an infinitely more interesting place. I'll put a few more of those up here. I'm gonna be returning the Sigma (it was a loaner) soon, so these are probably my last shots with it. If I lived in a place that lent itself more to landscape shooting (and I lent myself in that direction as well), I'd buy one of these for sure. I may someday anyway, but likely some future iteration. But its been really fun to have and shoot with and was an absolutely invaluable tool to have along on this beautiful trip...

-Ray

View attachment 73060
20130719-SDIM0476-Edit-2 by ramboorider1, on Flickr

9322966620_6666149eae_o.jpg

20130719-SDIM0507-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

9349810713_799b64c9c4_o.png

20130723-SDIM0688-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

View attachment 73062
Sigma DP1M Positano by ramboorider1, on Flickr

View attachment 73063
20130717-SDIM0387-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

And one evening time exposure - this one you can view at full resolution if you click through. The details in these files, as you all know better than I do, is simply amazing!
9339237095_2ee5e622f9_o.jpg

20130721-SDIM0550-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

Ray,

Really superb set of images from the Sigma over the last few weeks or so, thanks for posting. That looks like a wonderful location with stunning scenery (above).

Ray,

Really superb set of images from the Sigma over the last few weeks or so, thanks for posting. That looks like a wonderful location with stunning scenery (above).

Thanks Andy. Its a camera it took me a little while to warm up to (mostly to come to grips with a processing flow that made sense to me), but I came to really like it a lot. The files are really quite amazing.

If I lived somewhere with much in the way of landscape opportunities, I'd own one for sure. I have just one or two preserve areas where I ever shoot landscapes around here and I've already shot them so often, in so many conditions, from so many angles, that about the only time I still take a camera there is when I'm testing something new, to check out how it does with that type of shooting. Which reminds me, I haven't taken the Sigma out there yet, so I need to do that once before I send it back. But overall, for the kinds of shooting I do and the shooting opportunities I tend to have, there's not much point in owning a Sigma. But someday, when some version of that technology is implemented in a camera with a more traditional workflow, I'm sure I'll own one. And if the technology doesn't move fast enough for that, and if I manage to take another amazing trip someplace beautiful again in the next couple of years, I might just buy a DP1M anyway, or whatever Sigma has come out with by that time.

I appreciate all of the encouragement from you and other Sigma owners in this thread in helping me come to grips with the camera. It really is a gem of a camera - a very specific TYPE of gem, but a great camera any way you cut it!

-Ray

If I lived somewhere with much in the way of landscape opportunities, I'd own one for sure. I have just one or two preserve areas where I ever shoot landscapes around here and I've already shot them so often, in so many conditions, from so many angles, that about the only time I still take a camera there is when I'm testing something new, to check out how it does with that type of shooting. Which reminds me, I haven't taken the Sigma out there yet, so I need to do that once before I send it back.

-Ray

I went out early this morning with the dog to my favorite agricultural preserve and took the Sigma. I do all of my landscape "testing" out here - I've shot the place from more angles in more different light in more different seasons than anyplace else ever. So I figured I'd better take a shot at it with the Sigma before I return it. I love what this camera does - if I had more subject matter like this to shoot I'd definitely own one of these cameras. This is probably gonna do it for shooting with it before I send it back though. You can click through and see these at whatever scale you'd like...

9407057949_31614b169f_b.jpg

Sigma Stroud by ramboorider1, on Flickr

Some really weird bokeh in some of these closer shots - I first thought it might have been my heavy-handed processing, but I went back and looked at the files and its in the clean versions too, so its the way this lens reacts in some subject vs background distances:
9407060093_3c00126632_b.jpg

9409821596_bc7c6fd705_b.jpg

9407064377_c2e1be2ff5_b.jpg

9407064965_58d3a873ef_b.jpg

9407063631_5c94ab92a7_b.jpg

9407066043_e6a5949826_b.jpg

-Ray

Ray

Superb and that night time shot is just amazing, truly.

I feel like I really want to give my Fuji X-Pro a good thrashing so that it knows how pathetic it is compared to the Sigma output. It's interesting isn't it, how forums are rife with opinion about IQ from cameras but people rarely say how they want to make use of the cameras and exactly what it is about IQ that excites them. You are saying that you have relatively few landscape opportunities so are most likely going to favour some other camera(s) over the Sigmas. This is a good conclusion to come to - I think I would maybe feel the same way, but, landscapes are where my interests are and, for that, my little Merrills are unsurpassed.

Lee

My first post here. I've been using the DP2M since 09/12 and a DP3M since June of this year. Astonishing cameras.

This is the DP2M using the revised Lee 75 Filter system - 30 seconds exposure with a 'big stopper'.

8916900939_72f454433a_b_d.jpg

Back