Sigma Sigma DP Series Image Thread

One other - I posted this at another forum mainly as an example of the wonderful 'bokeh' of the DP3M. Surely a match for any Leica lens out there? (DP3M)

_SDI1135.jpg

first weekend with dp1m

My first set of DP1M pictures. This camera is amazing in its pictures. Amazing how far cameras have gone in the past six years! My last "serious" camera was the Canon 40D and this does blow it out of the water. After having a weekend to use it a little, its a lot more usable than one would have believed with all the online reviews. This really is a camera for the patient photographer mindset. I like how little PP there needs to be done. I know the pics and my skills have a long ways to go compared to everyone else here, but I just would like to contribute to this small little Sigma corner of this great forum!

SDIM0017.jpg
SDIM0082.jpg
SDIM0084.jpg
SDIM0107.jpg
SDIM0115.jpg
SDIM0132.jpg
SDIM0138.jpg
SDIM0142.jpg
SDIM0144.jpg
SDIM0151.jpg

There have been some great additions to this thread since I last visited it. Somewhat inspired by Ed's "High School Football" thread, I brought my camera to my high school's homecoming game this past weekend. It's been quite some time since I graduated, but things haven't changed much. A far cry from the mini stadiums, artificial turf, and thousands in attendance that many large high schools have today; this game was more akin to a backyard brawl. I took these from the bleachers so I had to export in double size and crop generously.

10018528404_4802b609e0_c.jpg

10018685293_f42b895376_c.jpg

Keeping up with a tradition I maintained until the E-M5 came out, I'm jumping into the wonders of the Sigma DP cameras and Foveon sensor with a previous generation of the DP2 -- The DP2S, to be precise. $390 with the Sigma viewfinder (which I'll still use as a slightly wide finder if I ever get a Merrill), a fast 95mb/sec sandisk card, and a good Uv filter, seemed reasonable to me (the VF alone is pretty pricey). And I can enjoy the Foveon magic while I await for the gods of finance to make a Merrill possible. So I'll be back next week with some pictures from and "old" DP.

And Older DP

I just got my used DP2S in the mail today. I couldn't wait until I could afford a Merrill, so I jumped in and got the older camera, which is still a very nice machine. It won't go head to head with certain medium format cameras, and it doesn't resolve the sheer amount of detail as the Merrill, but I'm glad I have it until I can make the jump. Here are a couple of shots taken my first afternoon with it. Love having an iso 50 to use!

SDIM0732-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

SDIM0803%20copy-L.jpg

SDIM0788%20copy-L.jpg

In walk round mode

I took my Merrills out walking today. These two are from the DP2M.

131023-DP2M0468-b_w.jpg

Sailing Cutter

I would have been happier if I'd had my GH2 with me for this shot, one of those where you can't zoom with your feet :D The image has been cropped with about 35-40% of the AREA of the original cropped out.

131023-DP2M0474-b_w.jpg

Sir Francis Drake

Not so bad here, although cropping has still been used. I'm very pleased with the print from this one and will be entering it at next weeks camera club competition, subject "Plymouth Landmarks"

Barrie

Been away for a while... you guys are giving the sigmas a good workout. The beach (federal) park i visit in Florida was closed and the pool is getting a bit chilly so i got the bike out of the trunk and pulled out the DP2m. Nothing special but i'm still loving this camera.

10445729056_e5c21a0c1f_b.jpg

trail stop by 2Deye, on Flickr

10445763194_a8d3d29426_b.jpg
[/url]
trail rider by 2Deye, on Flickr[/IMG]

10445984843_f88962ec34_b.jpg
[/url]
seminole trail by 2Deye, on Flickr[/IMG]

10446026263_ccbd0001f7_b.jpg
[/url]
rest stop by 2Deye, on Flickr[/IMG]

10445873054_283200a9f8_b.jpg
[/url]
bike bridge by 2Deye, on Flickr[/IMG]

I've been looking at these objects beside the shed for ages. A few days ago the light was just right. I think I put this up on the B&W thread too.
SDIM0405-Edit-2%20copy-L.jpg

DP2S

Back