Sigma Sigma DP Series Image Thread

that's what I love about this sensor, it can act like a huge zoom with the crop's you can do - here is a ferarri 458 from way across the street cropped with the DP2M - you can still make out every part of the mesh rear grill

<iframe src="Ferrari 458 Crop - Sigma DP2M" width="956" height="1024" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

that's what I love about this sensor, it can act like a huge zoom with the crop's you can do - here is a ferarri 458 from way across the street cropped with the DP2M - you can still make out every part of the mesh rear grill

The crop and zoom you can get out of a Merrill is rather surprising. With other camera/lenses you strike a IQ issue but not so with the Foveon sensor.
You've achieved some of that Foveon 'pop' with this image. The DP2M gets a bad rapp that it can't do it - I think it can, just needs a bit more work. I've been experimenting with medium and small files to achieve this.

Back