Sigma Sigma DP Series Image Thread

Mike,
Although the pics looks great in B/W too, I wonder how they in color. Could you post those as well? Sometimes I think the Merrills are made for color shots!
Peter

Mike,
Although the pics looks great in B/W too, I wonder how they in color. Could you post those as well? Sometimes I think the Merrills are made for color shots!
Peter

Had to hunt for the color versions as I've been shooting everything... trying to wear out the DP2M. Here's a couple:

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/donscreation/13172875573/]
13172875573_14c139e9d1_b.jpg

DP2M4725 by 2Deye, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/donscreation/13172798843/]
13172798843_f057e64fb7_b.jpg

DP2M4727 by 2Deye, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/donscreation/13149644565/]
13149644565_1b52fc806b_b.jpg

DP2M4726 by 2Deye, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/donscreation/12985018143/]
12985018143_95260646f4_b.jpg

DP2M4608 by 2Deye, on Flickr[/URL]

Thanks! Much appreciated, There is more "pop" in the BW versions but the tonality in the color versions is soooo amazing.

Thanks! Much appreciated, There is more "pop" in the BW versions but the tonality in the color versions is soooo amazing.

I agree... I shoot in raw, awb and neutral and then adjust to approximate (from what i remember) the colors/lighting that were present. I prefer very saturated images but it usually drives people nuts (i am partially color blind) and I should probably stick to BnW. A friend hired me to do realestate photo shoots on a contract basis and as a result I learned to tone down images so that they appealed to most clients. I suspect that without that experience I would burn out your eyeballs with dayglo images. I am surprised how close color-wise the images produced by the camera are to what i see. That and the detail the sigma produces makes it a great camera for my purposes. I'm probably getting a sony a7 body for the full frame benefits and it's low light abilities. But the DP2M will still be my main daylight camera

@juliandecourcy.... Those images you produced (looks like ice fishing or paddle boarding or just fishing) are excellent. I really enjoyed viewing them.... very unique effect!

Hello!
I joined SC yesterday and got a Sigma DP2 Merrill on Friday. I could spend some time with it during the weekend, my first impressions are very very positive!
I am posting a few images and, as requested, taken in my country

DP2M0019f.jpg

DP2M0067f.jpg

DP2M0071f.jpg

DP2M0115f.jpg

I set the camera color mode to natural and shot in RAW, I love the rendition, the camera produces images with a very high quality and pretty unique look, it's really not just a matter of per pixel sharpness :)

Hello!
I joined SC yesterday and got a Sigma DP2 Merrill on Friday. I could spend some time with it during the weekend, my first impressions are very very positive!
I am posting a few images and, as requested, taken in my country

DP2M0019f.jpg

DP2M0067f.jpg

DP2M0071f.jpg

DP2M0115f.jpg

I set the camera color mode to natural and shot in RAW, I love the rendition, the camera produces images with a very high quality and pretty unique look, it's really not just a matter of per pixel sharpness :)

Welcome and congrats on the DP2 purchase and please post some more. I really enjoy seeing images of the world. The Sigmas are very unique cameras and have a look all their own. I know you will enjoy it!

@Fiddler... India is just very diff from what we "westerners" are accustomed to. Very diverse in so many ways. A friend went to a village a few years back where they had never seen a "white" person and then you have cities like Mumbai where technology abounds and a "new Mumbai" is currently under construction. If you have a sense of curiosity or like wandering it's definitely worth a visit. And it can be very inexpensive to live. I met a guy from Germany who has been here for years. He was headed north for the spring/summer for the cool weather. Said he pays 150 rupees a night for the place he stays. That's about $2.25US. On the other hand, downtown Delhi, Mumbai, etc can run several hundred per night in hotels (you won't see any pics of those areas from me).

Back