Sigma Sigma DP Series Image Thread

Hey Ripley , can we see that dog image you put on dpreview? I really liked that although personally I'd crop a bit to tighten the composition.
Love the Sigma colours

View attachment 89658

Crossgar , Co Down , N.Ireland

13927968053_1b5218cd58_b.jpg

Castle Ward , Co Down , N Irteland .......location of Game of Thrones

It was quite funny at the time. Watching the snail slowly disappear out of the frame, as the gentle breeze picked up speed. By the time the 2 second self timer was up
all i was getting were blurred sticks. I gave up in the end and settled for no self timer and max aperture.
Not quite a cigar. Perhaps tomorrow will be still.

14036752133_29cc89bc92_b.jpg
_P3M0737 by sucofni, on Flickr

I was recently given some stirling advise by forum members when I was looking for
a 2nd / 3rd camera to back up my small sensor Samsung EX1 for close up and still work.
After much thought I decided against a DP Merrill for the time being, as I often picture watches
and ultra high definition super sharp images of finger marks and dust particles made me veer towards
an older ( Classic :) ) DP2. I managed to pick one up with less than 500 shutter actuations that included
a VF21 viewfinder , Sigma close up lens , Sigma polarizing filter Richard Franiec grip and spare batteries all for half the price of
a Merrill. Someone had given up very quickly on this neglected camera and ' put it to bed '.
When it arrived it could easily have passed for new - not a single mark on it.
Having read what a handful DP's could be, I was pleasantly surprised at the initial results. Some of the image's were eye popping on a 24 " monitor
when the raw files finally settled down. Trouble is that by time Photobucket and forum downsizing takes place they tend to look a lot more diluted.
Only had time to reel off a few so far but hope to give it a bit more exercise in the next month.

First shoot in the garden reveals what looks like a young dark haired girl sitting on a swing reading a book at arms length ( Sigma instruction manual ? ).

View attachment 90100

View attachment 90101

Friendly but shy neighbours cat popped in to say hello but she refused to look into the lens

View attachment 90102

View attachment 90103

I think the garage needs staining

View attachment 90104

View attachment 90105

The view finder didn't show something was growing here - the RAW file saw it !

View attachment 90106

Later that evening an interesting sky whilst the sun was setting and it's strength allowed a 1/ 250 sec hand held shot.

SDIM0804_zps4b3981fe.jpg

I quite like this little machine !

Richard

I was recently given some stirling advise by forum members when I was looking for
a 2nd / 3rd camera to back up my small sensor Samsung EX1 for close up and still work.
After much thought I decided against a DP Merrill for the time being, as I often picture watches
and ultra high definition super sharp images of finger marks and dust particles made me veer towards
an older ( Classic :) ) DP2. ... Trouble is that by time Photobucket and forum downsizing takes place they tend to look a lot more diluted.
Only had time to reel off a few so far but hope to give it a bit more exercise in the next month....

...Later that evening an interesting sky whilst the sun was setting and it's strength allowed a 1/ 250 sec hand held shot.

SDIM0804_zps4b3981fe.jpg

I quite like this little machine !

Richard

Congratulations on the acquisition of your DP2! I've taken the liberty of quoting part of your post - and including my favorite picture. Gosh that is one stunning cloudscape - beautiful depth!

It was quite funny at the time. Watching the snail slowly disappear out of the frame, as the gentle breeze picked up speed. By the time the 2 second self timer was up
all i was getting were blurred sticks. I gave up in the end and settled for no self timer and max aperture.
Not quite a cigar. Perhaps tomorrow will be still.

14036752133_29cc89bc92_b.jpg
_P3M0737 by sucofni, on Flickr

Really nice.

Dang snails, won't cooperate ;)

Back