Sigma Sigma DP Series Image Thread

Lovely shot Paul

Julian - all your shots of Cornwall especially Mevagissey bring back happy holiday memories for me - used to use those boats daily for fishing - half a crown for a good few hours & come back loaded

Red I suspect you are talking about the self hire boats.They were run by the Chestfield and Blamey families. Then there were the hour trips that the boats ran, ten or twelve passengers, three mackerel lines out and you could take away what fish you could carry. The hour trips now have ceased as the health and safety police got involved. Now they run half hour trips in the bay without fishing, apparently people today think an hour trip is too long. These also run only for a short period from end June till end August, with only six boats with retired fishermen doing this. Mevagissey itself has become as it used to be an important and busy fishing harbour now, with several largish trawlers, scalloper's, deep sea nets, including purse seine's and many inshore boats. So it has at last swung back towards a working wishing village keeping many families employed.

Her are a couple of today's coastal cruise bots waiting in the queue to pick up customers.

14960950882_f364371f13_b.jpg
DP3M2923 by Julian de Courcy, on Flickr

I got taken out by an old salt in a small boat for a few hours - max 6 people with an engine - early 60's

Running a trace off the back with what they called the Mevagissey spinner - red & white wings

his time was 1:10.63

Very respectable - I wouldn't want to try it now without an ambulance on standby

IIRC I was doing about 65 /66 secs for 100 yards normally in a 25 yard pool so more turns & push offs - There was only two 50 yd pool in Wales - Cardiff Empire Pool & Neath baths absolutely nackering

Very respectable - I wouldn't want to try it now without an ambulance on standby

IIRC I was doing about 65 /66 secs for 100 yards normally in a 25 yard pool so more turns & push offs - There was only two 50 yd pool in Wales - Cardiff Empire Pool & Neath baths absolutely nackering

If this is Cardiff Uk my daughter swam there many times in the new 50m pool, also Swansea national pool.Both very good pools.

Apparently but I've not tried either - The Cardiff pool I referred to is no more
Rumour is the Swansea Pool does not comply with Olympic standards as it was built too short (I'd guess someone converted yards to metric)

Apparently but I've not tried either - The Cardiff pool I referred to is no more
Rumour is the Swansea Pool does not comply with Olympic standards as it was built too short (I'd guess someone converted yards to metric)

Not unusual at all Red, my daughter is now at Loughborough and their pool is built to 50m without timing pads in place, a mistake, in a fairly new pool. It does mean records cannot be claimed at such pools, as a pool is measured and certified as being capable of record claims.
That I did not know that about Swansea pool. Newport the short course 25m pool is a very good pool as well, so at least south Wales have good facilities, along with the velodrome .

Dp3 Merrill and another fishy pic.

14793300138_2cf1e7ab46_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
_P1M3775 by Julian de Courcy, on Flickr

Some DP2Q shots - from around the house.. Nothing special. Just wanted start posting some samples.

_P2Q0151.jpg

ExtJpgSmallRaw70%25Crop.jpg

_P2Q0052.jpg

Gary

Shots taken w/ Dp2 Quattro. These are all small raw, which end up as around 22mb files depending on the size of the embedded jpg. Monochrome pics converted using Silver FX Pro 2. Almost all images have some level of cropping between 50-70%. The crop images hold up very well.

_P2Q0284.jpg

_P2Q0282.jpg

_P2Q0280.jpg

_P2Q0277.jpg

_P2Q0272.jpg

Would u believe it has not gotten colder than maybe 59% F and yet they are turning color already?? Today was in the high 70s to low 80s.. Go figure....
_P2Q0238.jpg

Gary

Purgatorial Ladder, or Ladder of Souls, with the Seven Deadly Sins: circa 1200, Chaldon Church, near Caterham, East Surrey. You can read more about it here

Whenever I want to record something in the highest possible fidelity, I reach for my DP2M.

_P2M1392.jpg

Back