Sigma Sigma DP Series Image Thread

Nice shots of a couple of very pretty red cars.

You know, its funny, I own a 78 911sc as well as a DPM2. In some ways the two are comparable in the roles they play in their separate worlds.

The 911, while very elegant in build and appearance, it a brute in operation. Little forgiveness. Full attention required. Allow things to get out of tolerance, use it in the wrong conditions, pay inadequate attention to what you are doing while operating, and the joy is limited. However, when everything is right, the results are superb.

16209535286_c2d24b883a.jpg
[/url]DP3M0006 by aruprc, on Flickr[/IMG]

Ha ha ! You too eh !
I'm afraid so. The only thing I didn't like about the DP2m was the focal length, not wide enough for my liking after trying it for a while. If you remember I originally wanted to buy the DP1m from you and took the DP2m as a consolation prize ;). I can forgive the tedious software to get the sharpness of images that these things produce.

I never knew what "sucks" mean't until I used Sigma Photo Pro ...... it is terrible and is the only software that gets worse with every "upgrade"

I never knew what "sucks" mean't until I used Sigma Photo Pro ...... it is terrible and is the only software that gets worse with every "upgrade"
I failed miserably to get V6 working either on Windows or OS X. Actually no, that's unfair on me...IT failed miserably to work, I just followed the installation instructions. I found that the only way to stay sane (using V5.5 of course) was to run all the files in batch with minimal processing (I think just +0.2 on sharpness) and then import the TIFFs into Lightroom. That way it could do its stuff while I read the paper or stared happily out of the window...anything is better than making adjustments in PhotoPro!

Back