Sigma Sigma DP Series Image Thread

The DR looks to be quite something. I'd be interested in hearing how much processing has been done from raw.
Ray not sure if you are referring to the above. If so DR is acceptable, really not quite what you'll get in many other recent bayer sensors in the nikons and sonys. The top image was pretty much as out of SPP exported as a 16bit Tiff into LR6.0.1 , a small amount of tweaking, simple hues and one graduated layer to bring up the contrast. Cs6 to resize, frame and export bicubic for web.
The lower image is a pano, two shots dp1M . One shot at the top one at the bottom, both landscape orientation . Trying out the new pano in LR6.0.1. again frmaed and exported from Cs6.
It was a grey day , no sun out on either shot so was hoping for an better DR than I got. But not a good idea to be shooting landscapes in the afternoon any way, if you want the best light.
To sum up, not a lot of proccessing in Raw as SSP is very basic and does not provide the options ACR does..

Top notch images Julian, they look so REAL those images your producing, stunning.....! That 'Trapped' capture actually looks like it's shouting/crying out for help........wow.......brilliant photography.

regards;
Pete
Peter it is trapped , it's blob the orange buoy, shouting , help help Julian get me out. So I kindly did so although still stuck, it was windy and cold on the quay, he's warmer now. :2thumbs:

Julian, I am amazed on how you can bring out the best of the Sigma DP.
Xdayv, I do just point it at things and press the button on top. Have to say for certain types of photography the Merrill's are extraordinary and I did buy them knowing they would fit in with certain things what I do. So the accolades must go to the camera.
I quite like the way the sensor treats the light, more so than the detail, but both together it is quite a combination.

11242049133_279e9f838a_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
ST.EWE PARISH by Julian .., on Flickr

11058449876_598a5eb18f_o.jpg
SMALL WAVE by Julian .., on Flickr

Bearded Iris with London Red Bus Bokeh - Sigma DP3M

_P3M2374-Edit.jpg

Back