Sigma Sigma DP Series Image Thread

Sigma DP3M - ISO 800 straight-out-of-camera jpg

DP3M0425.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That looks really good for 800 on one of these cameras. Is there a trick to it? I see it doesn't look underexposed at all, which is probably a good start. That's a patient cat to sit still for a whole 1/8 second!
The few colour photos I took (before switching to black and white) had a bit of a colour cast to them (bit like expired film? Green-magenta - which is fine if you're happy with that look, but I preferred the neutral black&white here. Looks much cleaner.)

I was stabilizing the camera against the wall, and thanks to the leaf shutter you get away with longer shutter times (no shutter shock at all)

Another positive effect of the quiet leaf shutter is that the cats aren't bothered by the camera :)

(whereas even with the quiet Oly EM1ii shutter they didn't like it - or they were bothered by some other noises that we don't hear - like IBIS)

early shot with the Dp2s.

Certainly nothing special about the scene, it's just a shot , but it has a good spread of vibrant colour and plenty of light. And theres some clarity to the pic that really appeals. Its been a struggle in terms of camera operation, unpredictable auto focus etc though, lol. what a quirky camera.

I used the bundled SPP 4 and simply hit "auto", added 0.5 sharpening and exported quality 12 jpeg.

SDIM0026.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Back