Sigma Sigma DP0?

The Sigma DP0 has been out for 7 yrs this year. What's the verdict? Anyone here used it?

I have to hand it to Sigma, they have really taken a chance with unique cameras over the past decade.

What would you do if you need a super wide fix - buy the Sigma DP0, or buy (full frame):

- Voigtlander 12mm f/5.6 (wide wide wide)

- Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5 (wide wide but also a bit faster)

- Voigtlander 21mm f/1.8 (wide and fast)

- 7Artisans 28mm f/1.4 (wide-ish, very fast, and the cheapest)

Happy to hear any recommendations for any wide and fast-ish legacy or modern lenses that I can use with an adapter. I've tried searching online but keep getting thrown off by lenses that are not for full frame.

Last edited:
Samyang makes an autofocus 14/2.8 lens for E mount and RF mount that's not particularly cheap but not ridiculously expensive either. And manual focus lenses for most any mount out there, that are more affordable but kinda bulky.

Samyang makes an autofocus 14/2.8 lens for E mount and RF mount that's not particularly cheap but not ridiculously expensive either. And manual focus lenses for most any mount out there, that are more affordable but kinda bulky.

Had no idea this lens existed, thanks very much. Going to keep this one in mind. I just need to find an adapter for it fit my Leica.

*edited - ah crap, I just went looking for this online and thought I found a good one but it's apparently for m43. This is what's been confusing me when searching for lenses in recent years. Just when I think I've found something, it's not full frame. And that bit of info is not often presented in the most obvious place either.

Had no idea this lens existed, thanks very much. Going to keep this one in mind. I just need to find an adapter for it fit my Leica.

*edited - ah crap, I just went looking for this online and thought I found a good one but it's apparently for m43. This is what's been confusing me when searching for lenses in recent years. Just when I think I've found something, it's not full frame. And that bit of info is not often presented in the most obvious place either.
I think there needs to be a reminder that Samyang’s lenses are AF too, their optics seemed to be really good on the MF front lately and the prices new can’t be beaten for value.

I look away for a year or two and suddenly these new lens manufacturers are popping up making quality stuff.

I just saw another youtube clip where a photographer was talking about a Mitakon lens that he's using with his Fujifilm GFX camera.
Yeah, Mitakons are nice, too. I have a couple of their f/0.95 lens for M43 and Fuji X. They're not quite as nice as Voigtlander, but not too far off.

- K

It's kinda blowing me away because I remember when 7Artisans first came on the scene with their cheap lenses, the reviews were neither here nor there, the quality of the lenses were just 'ok'.
I agree with that assessment w/r/t 7Artisans. Their lenses that I've tried are decent, but not great.

I would definitely put Laowa and Mitakon a tier or two above 7Artisans and a bunch of the other Chinese brands (Pergear, Mieke, Rockstar, KamLan, etc.). I'd put TT Artisans maybe by itself on a tier above 7Artisans (and the rest) and just below Laowa/ Mitakon. And then maybe Samyang/ Rokinon is slightly above that Laowa/ Mitakon tier.

- K

Back