Sigma Sigma fp. No one saw that coming.

On the other hand, I wonder how much of a limitation the electronic only shutter will be on the fp

I love Sigma for doing crazy things, but I fear this may become another one that people love to see and hardly buy.

Their products are so niche though. I have had GAS for their DPs but the other thing that has stopped me buying one of their products is the price. It's a lot of money to pay for a camera that only does one or two things , albeit really well.

I understand that it's a tough balance between producing a niche product vs economic costs vs number of sales.

Last edited:
I wish Sigma really well. They may be my favorite camera manufacturer around at the moment due to their quirky, nimble thought process and fearlessness in designing different things. And I don't even own anything made by them presently.

The lack of mechanical shutter hamstrings this model for still photography in my opinion, but I'm sure the Foveon version will be impressive (and unfortunately out of my price range).

World's smallest full-frame camera.

World's smallest 'digital' full frame camera.

1570785702649.png

Seems pretty much as advertised. Images look good and the camera is truly modular. Not a typical shooter, but a crafty person could build their own grips, etc. I’d like to see them give them to a group of artists/designers and have them make grips, etc, to make it into an everyday shooter. It’s about the size of an Olympus Pen, which is impressive. I think a lot of folks might like this level of simplified controls in a more ergonomic body. I like it for some reason.

Last edited:
Back