Sigma Sigma SD shots

Some amazing shots.

Unfortunately, for me it has proven to be to much of an headache the processing workflow, so I'm currently selling my DP1M. Hope I don't regret it...

Tired of waiting over a couple of years for the price, new or used, to come down enough, I finally bit the bullet and picked up a new SD Quattro 30/1.4 kit. It has its quirks, indeed, and it's my first sigma body so I can't compare to its other models, but the quirks aren't deal breakers for me. It's about as quick to focus as any of my pre-20MP Olympus or Panasonic bodies with the Lumix 20/1.7, a combo I used fairly successfully even shooting my growing children. It's slow to write, but not much slower than an OG X100. The EVF, surprisingly, is mediocre, but it's utilitarian and vastly better than field-sequential ones from Panasonic, which never really bothered me anyway.

Operationally, so long as I keep my expectations grounded in reality, I'm good with it. Also, though I know I can save DNGs for Lightroom processing, using Sigma Photo Pro to achieve a desired pre-Lightroom baseline is cake for the better X3F files. It's a little slower to use, but not frustratingly so, to me anyway. I'll probably need to carry my tripod around with me a little more often when landscape- or woodland shooting (its main job for me), not wanting to shoot above 200 ISO, and I might occasionally get tired of the weight and slow responsiveness, but these will hope to serve up some much needed appreciation for my other, smaller, quicker, and more capable bodies.

gardenspringscreek.jpg

Back