Signs of Fall.

pictor

All-Pro
Jul 14, 2010
Fall is so beautiful because there are all these great colors everywhere. I have been photographing digital since September 2009 and i have realized now, that I have not photographed fall 2009 as intensely as I do this year. To be honest, there are only very few pictures. Today I own only compact cameras and I have a camera with me all the time, also during walks on which I never carried my DSLR with me. My photographs have become much better and I am even full of joy about photographs like this, which may not be something special, but it captures some of the last minutes of today's sunlight and reminds me of a short, but beautiful walk after work:

Canon PowerShot G12, 12.1 @ f/3.5, 1/30, ISO 80

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Christian, this glowing autumn tree is truly wonderful. Your enjoyment shows through and I'm glad to be able to share it with you. Lovely time of day for a walk with your camera.

BillN

Hall of Famer
Aug 25, 2010
S W France
Bill
BB - you are getting a bit "creative" aren't you (must have been your few weeks with the X1), - wonderful shots and a use of LR etc.,

A well spent Saturday!

Reactions: BBW

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
I think I'm just getting back to my roots, really. I tried to control myself from posting all the photos I took that day - I have more on Flickr. I was in one place for about 30 minutes or so and there just seemed to be a lot to see, especially with that beautiful old tub.:love: I am glad you enjoyed them!

summerkl

Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Kevin
Just got my adapter for a set of Hexanon lenses I recently purchased so out the backyard I go. Thanks to Christilou for the ground level shot idea :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Super color! Is color effected by the lens or is this the NEX at work? Naturally, you in control Kevin, but you know what I mean? I like your choice of f stop, too. Number one is my favorite, if I had to choose. Glad you're not locking yourself away in the digital darkroom during this beautiful season, Kevin.:wink:

summerkl

Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Kevin
Thanks - although I love the reds in the photos, the one I like the most is the mushrooms - it makes me think of Lord of the Rings.

The Hexanon adapter finally came out from the high volume ebay sellers (cost $35). I was familiar with these lenses from my m43 days - I have the 28mm, 40mm and the 57mm f1.4. I am really happy with them and the price can't be beat.

The colors are straight from the NEX other than some quick contrast adjustment in LR3. I don't know if the Hexanon lens is responsible for the colors because in my newbie-ness, I never associated lenses with producing different colors.

That's about to change though, as I will be ordering some Russian legacy lenses ie Zeiss and Leica clones to see if they truly replicate the Leica colors that are so appealing. That'll keep me busy in the dark rainy Vancouver months to come.

Latest threads

Top Bottom