W/NW Signs of Fall.

You don't get to see anything from me. Driving home from work last week I passed a local vineyard with beautiful golden leaves and the sunset shining through them. Stopped and took a couple dozen perfect fall shots!!! Cool DOF, the whole works. Drove home and into my garage. Deciding not to take my entire camera into the house to download the perfect shots I opened the bottom of my X100s and pressed the top of the SD card to unlock it. This time the card shot into the air, hit the headliner and disappeared into the depths of my carseats and center console!! I've gone through every nook and cranny, vacuumed with a handkerchief rubber banded over the nozzle, you name it. Can't find the SD card.... No great loss, all the other photos (Madrid and Toledo Spain) I'd already downloaded. Of course since that day it's been cloudy and dark on my commute home. No replicating those perfect conditions!!!!

You don't get to see anything from me. Driving home from work last week I passed a local vineyard with beautiful golden leaves and the sunset shining through them. Stopped and took a couple dozen perfect fall shots!!! Cool DOF, the whole works. Drove home and into my garage. Deciding not to take my entire camera into the house to download the perfect shots I opened the bottom of my X100s and pressed the top of the SD card to unlock it. This time the card shot into the air, hit the headliner and disappeared into the depths of my carseats and center console!! I've gone through every nook and cranny, vacuumed with a handkerchief rubber banded over the nozzle, you name it. Can't find the SD card.... No great loss, all the other photos (Madrid and Toledo Spain) I'd already downloaded. Of course since that day it's been cloudy and dark on my commute home. No replicating those perfect conditions!!!!

The good news is it's in there SOMEWHERE. And someday it will present itself, hopefully to you while you still own the car, and then you'll get to relive that lovely day, process the photos, and post 'em if you want to...

Just think of it as potentially deferred gratification...

-Ray

The transition from fall to winter in northern Vermont. X-E2, 23/1.4, processed in LR.
. . . David

Attachments

• Pumpkin with Snow (1 of 1).jpg
    Pumpkin with Snow (1 of 1).jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 193
Season of mists and melancholy fretfulness --- to paraphrase Keats. Time to drag out the full spectrum light.

Lovely pumpkin shot, by the way. One of the few things I do like about Autumn.

Yeah.. I really want to go out to shoot signs of fall. But retricted time + the weather is terrible the whole week (rain). Haven't picked up my camera in 3 weeks :eek:
Hopefully I can go for an hour this sunday.

Back