W/NW Signs of Fall.

IMG_2691.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Winter on the horizon ...

M.

Round 2. Post #862 shows my first efforts at cleaning up inside the fence. All of these leaves are now on the outside of the fence, waiting to be blown down into the woods. Right now I have 3 large piles of leaves at various places around the yard from today's cleanup, waiting for further disposition - all while more leaves fall by the minute. I once tried waiting until late Autumn when most of the leaves were down before starting my Autumn cleanup; it didn't work out so well.

round 2.jpg

Round 3. The hillside below our house. Most of these leaves come from the large Red Maple in our front yard - which still has a lot of leaves yet to drop. Same for the giant Sweetgum next to the garage. Our house is surrounded on 3 sides by trees, and while they are beautiful and provide a lot of shade and privacy, their abundant bounty of leaves each fall is a lot of work to keep cleaned. Being the last house on a dead-end street, our house sits on the point where two ravines meet, so I can push the trillion or so leaves we see each fall right down into the woods. Which is a good thing, because the giant twin Red Oak just out of view on the upper right holds onto its bounty of leaves and drops them slowly all the way through December.

round 3.jpg

Back