W/NW Signs of Fall.

PB109818.1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I tried that once. Instead of moving all the leaves down into the woods, I set my mower to mulch and just went over the entire yard. A trillion or so leaves cut into tiny shreds is not a good look when spread all over an acre or so of grass. It just bugged me.
I do it because it's the easiest thing to do. Of course, we're far enough from the main road so that no one, not even me, really has to look at it. Besides, where else would I get those leaf pics I keep posting?

@tonyturley
I can sit by quietly no more. Letā€™s see if thereā€™s a viable alternative:
A) You could pay someone to rake that pile; while you pay someone to exercise on their treadmill to no-where.
2). You could try to make a profit on it- ā€œ$X per bag of high grade DIY compostable material. From a good suburban non-smoking family.ā€
C). Public service: ā€œFREE use of our aerobic gear- responsibly poweredā€ Put that sign near your rake.
D). Once I got into a teasing match with our letter carrier. He broke my chops about how long it would take for me to finish the job with my electric leaf blower.
To which I replied, ā€œOh yeah! Iā€™ll bet you $5 you canā€™t do it better by hand.ā€
I truly believe I came really close to loosing that bet!

Back