Nature Signs of winter

From yesterday morning, on the way to work:
original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

Breathtaking from the mountains to the farmlands - my thanks to you both!

Tell me Ridgerunner how much snow have you got out there? Were you on snow shoes on this walk/hike?

serhan, having a beautiful commute makes a big difference. I'm not sure where in Maryland you live...but have travelled the wonderful Eastern Shore pretty often, and our daughter used to go to college in Annapolis.

As of today, we have had about 120in of snow at 9000 ft, which basically were that picture is at. But, they start counting in Oct so alot settles and melts ,they are reporting a 44in base. By Apr we usually have around 400in, but ive seen a much as 600 plus and as little as 300.

Thanks. I live 30-35 miles N of DC, 1.5 hrs from Annapolis but my current job is between where I live and Annapolis (or btw DC and Baltimore), so I take the back roads (2/3 of commute) until I hit the highway 32 that goes to Annapolis (1/3 of the commute). Some coworkers live in Annapolis, very nice town. This was Annapolis last Jan:

original.jpg

Breathtaking from the mountains to the farmlands - my thanks to you both!

serhan, having a beautiful commute makes a big difference. I'm not sure where in Maryland you live...but have travelled the wonderful Eastern Shore pretty often, and our daughter used to go to college in Annapolis.

Selling your car and moving to a place where car ownership suuuuuucks will do that to you.

There were a few of us out last night, but not many. I walked 80% of the way home at least, but it's only 2 miles so it's no big deal. I had too much coat on - mid-20's Fahrenheit and hard work means ideally I should've been dressed in cross country ski gear, not a full length down coat. It was a sauna inside there. I really dug it, it was so quiet and pretty out.

Back