SiJ '18: The line-up

Name
Matt
Okay, here's the list of participants of SiJ '18. It'll be updated occasionally.

I include as much information as I have - for any further insights, check the daily threads.

@ajramirez - Nikon Df with Zeiss 15mm f/2.8
@Atom Ant - Panasonic LX100
@bilzmale - Ricoh GR
@Bobby Tingle - Fujifilm X-Pro2 with 50mm f/2
@Briar - Panasonic LX100
@Burkey - Fujifilm X-E2 with 35mm f/1.4
@Covey22 - Fuji X-T10 with 56mm f/1.2
@donlaw - Olympus E-P5 with Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 II
@grebeman - Ricoh GRX/A12M with Voigtländer 21mm f/4
@Hanneke - Fujifilm X-T20 with 35mm f/2
@Hageneth - Fujifilm X70 (except day 1)
@jiannazzone - Fujifilm X100s
@john m flores - Panasonic GX85 with "8mm fish-eye"
@kyteflyer - Nikon P610
@Lightmancer - Fujifilm X100F
@marlof - Panasonic LX100
@Matero - Fujifilm X100s
@MoonMind - Nikon 1 V1 with 18.5mm f/1.8
@NoSeconds - Panasonic GX85 with Olympus 45mm f/1.8
@theoldsmithy - Canon G5X
@Tim Williams - Fujifilm X-T1 with 35mm f/2
@tonyturley - Fujfilm X-T1 with 35mm f/2

I think we should use this thread for reporting and general encouragement as well :)

M.

Last edited:
My weapon of choice is the G5X, Matt.
Sorry if I missed that - noted! :)

On a different note, I know one shouldn't trust into things being trustworthy - but this is the first time I'll have to be afraid of one of Nikon's mighty EN-EL15 batteries actually dying on me; I completely forgot to check the one in my V1 before I threw it into my travel bag, and now I see it's almost empty - I've never had that happen to me before *when I didn't have a charger*. So, it has to last for three shots (at least), or I'll have to skip a couple of days - anyhow, if I'm not able to use the V1, I'll use the Canon G1X III instead, so I'll be able to post.

M.

I must be crazy (actually I almost certainly am by some peoples standards). Outside the rain is lashing and the wind howling, today we've had over an inch of rain (26mm), the wind gusts have exceeded 50mph and sunshine was limited to 0.7 hours. Tomorrow the forecast is for rather more sun after the clearance of early rain, after that not good, Thursday looks particularly bad.

I had intended to process all my images using RawTherapee on a Linux powered machine which blew up a few days before the holiday. Despite ordering a secondhand replacement in time to be delivered before the holiday it has not arrived, although my credit card has been debited. Of course I'm dealing with a company who seems to think that a 2 week holiday is required at this season. As one who worked in the electricity supply industry I can imagine the howls of protest if we had adopted the same attitude. Hopefully it will arrive by the end of this coming week. In the meantime I've installed RawTherapee on a Windows machine as I still want to use and learn that editor.

Add to that a failure of my central heating boiler over the holidays, a problem for my landlord to chase up, technology seems to have it in for me at the moment.

Whatever I'm in using a Ricoh GXR with an A12M module equipped with a CV21mm f/4 lens. Did I say I was a bit odd?

Barrie

P.S. would you believe the server dropped out whilst trying to post this, it only half loaded, so it was start again. Lets hope that's the end of problems and the start of something better.

Happy New Year everyone.

Whatever I'm in using a Ricoh GXR with an A12M module equipped with a CV21mm f/4 lens. Did I say I was a bit odd?
Don't know about odd - it's the lens I'd have chosen (and that I did use most today on my M4-P :)). Glad you changed your mind, list edited.

btw. RawTherapee is a real powerhouse, but it's also quite a task to master it. Should you find it too demanding/tough going, give darktable a shot - it's now available for Windows, too. I'm on GNU/Linux (mostly, these days) since 2002, and darktable, while not as powerful as RawTherapee, works well for my needs, and it's a lot easier to handle.

M.

Last edited:
Condolences, Steve.

Please add me to the list, with a GX85 + 8mm fisheye. I've had this lens for over a year but have only taken a handful of images with it. I know that fisheye is a specialty but it's one that I don't think I've mastered yet. So January 2018 is the month I either figure it out or sell it...

I figured I would decide on gear at the last possible moment: when taking my shot for January 1st. I did that about an hour ago, so here it goes: Nikon Df and 15mm 2.8 Zeiss Distagon ZF.2, a wonderful lens that gets nowhere near enough use. Hope to avoid all ultra-wide cliches while using it.

Will upload my January 1st shot later tonight.

Cheers,

Antonio

Back