SiJ 2017 - Day 15.

Is this the way to amaryllis...?
IMG_20170115_205248_276.jpg

Taking advantage of the good weather (such as it is for January in the US Northeast) and shot some storefronts. I shot Fuji Raw + Large Fine JPG and bought the Iridient X-Converter. So far I haven't found too many file comparisons of the converted DNG versus the in-camera JPG that blow my socks off. But it's early enough and I don't know all the settings yet.

I had never heard of the Robot brand camera; turns out they started as a springwork camera in a 24x24 format. Part of it was eventually subsumed into the famous Jena Optics Works.

View attachment 122719
Yours? :) Very interesting lens - double-gauss type, really quite fast. The camera's probably really hard to use nowadays, though.

M.

Day 15 was quite horrible, the light was supposed to be good, as you can see it wasn't - then had to endure a muscle spasm at the bottom of my back whilst I was driving which chained me to the bed for the next 18 hours. I had planned to stop at this place to take a photo or 2 but the pain was so bad it was a case of having to point the S95 out of the car window then continue driving home. Safe to say, I will remember day 15!

IMG_0330 copy.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 15 was quite horrible, the light was supposed to be good, as you can see it wasn't - then had to endure a muscle spasm at the bottom of my back whilst I was driving which chained me to the bed for the next 18 hours. I had planned to stop at this place to take a photo or 2 but the pain was so bad it was a case of having to point the S95 out of the car window then continue driving home. Safe to say, I will remember day 15!

View attachment 122736
Wow - I sure hope you'll be okay soon. The shot's still solid, with the pavement setting off natures beauty very convincingly - good use of mood and muted tones, as well.

M.

Wow - I sure hope you'll be okay soon. The shot's still solid, with the pavement setting off natures beauty very convincingly - good use of mood and muted tones, as well.

M.
Thanks Matt. My post for Day16 says it all. What was really bugging me about the image above was that lumpy piece of white rock, but alas, that was the only image I had to play with that day.

Great "street" shot - quick framing, and even so, the composition allows taking in everything you need to know about surroundings.

M.
Thanks, Matt. I rarely crop my stuff but this time I had to. At least the AF on the X-Pro1 nailed those folks instantly; in good light with the 18 or 1855 the AF speed leaves little to be desired.

The image is indeed good for having to get it the way you did. I appreciate your predicament - I had back surgery 17 years ago due to an injury suffered while roller-blading with our sons. My back is fine now, but I wouldn't wish that level of pain on anyone. The summer of '99 was one I'll never forget, and not in a good way.

View attachment 122736

Odd color to the sky . . . was severe weather on the way?

I hope your back is better soon. Been there, done that.

Cheers, Jock

The only picture I took for today.... it was raining all day and pretty dark. I had also swapped the lens over earlier, the 35mm Voigtlander 1.2 II to try and maximise the light. No love for today's shot so it is what it is, my daughter's dancing dress she wanted me to photograph and eBay..... will need to try again in better light!

L1007795-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The image is indeed good for having to get it the way you did. I appreciate your predicament - I had back surgery 17 years ago due to an injury suffered while roller-blading with our sons. My back is fine now, but I wouldn't wish that level of pain on anyone. The summer of '99 was one I'll never forget, and not in a good way.
Thanks. Yours definitely sounds worse! I think I'm going to look at strategies this year for strengthening the back so as to avoid this sort of thing, that's what the quack suggested.

Back