SiJ 2017 - Day 22.

The height of laziness. Sunday, and my watch is charging up before I go for my nanna nap. LX100 and a variety of ipad editors for resizing, and other editing.

IMG_0271.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So, landscape with the S95 Getting dynamic range? Pushing shadows? Forget it. In fact, as @MoonMind may attest, zooming is out of the question too, for fear of further degrading the image quality you want to achieve. Best thing you can do is get to wherever you're going at the right time of day and keep fingers crossed for the weather.

IMG_0403 copy copy.jpg

So, landscape with the S95 Getting dynamic range? Pushing shadows? Forget it. In fact, as @MoonMind may attest, zooming is out of the question too, for fear of further degrading the image quality you want to achieve. Best thing you can do is get to wherever you're going at the right time of day and keep fingers crossed for the weather.

View attachment 123013
I see what you mean - nice moody shot, though! :)

Yes, the S95 is limited - though I seem to be a bit less critical of and dissatisfied with its files than you are. But I know what you mean for sure. Actually, I think that contre-jour is the most difficult situation you can try to tackle with it - so kudos for managing it!

M.

Notwithstanding the somewhat limited DR, the IQ looks just fine to me, Rayvonn. Before I got my trusty X10 I've had an S95 for a couple weeks and wouldn't mind to use it as a single travel camera for a while. It's so much better than the IXUS 430 and 40 I took on some trips back in the early 2000s.. Regarding the shadows you can't really lift them on Kodachrome or Ektachrome scans either, but I love that stuff anyway :) - gotta deal with some compromises here and there.
BTW, some weeks ago I found some Ektachrome strips from one of my trips to Tibet in a box somewhere and man, who in hell felt the need to invent digital photography? :LOL:

So, landscape with the S95 Getting dynamic range? Pushing shadows? Forget it. In fact, as
5637.jpg
@MoonMind may attest, zooming is out of the question too, for fear of further degrading the image quality you want to achieve. Best thing you can do is get to wherever you're going at the right time of day and keep fingers crossed for the weather.

Last edited:
'Got out yesterday and really enjoyed myself walking around with my wife in a neighboring town looking for pictures. A different story today. In the immortal words of Jean-Michel Basquiat, "SAMO"! Super crappy weather yet again outside.
Went trolling the house looking for still life possibilities that I would/did ultimately over process.
. . . David
Dragonfly (1 of 1).jpg

View attachment 123013
liking the sun reflected on the grass to left of shot. Nice indeed.

Back