SiJ 2017 - Day 25.

When you decide that you *can* change the kitchen mixer tap by yourself...

IMG_0280.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

But you can't disconnect the hot hose from its inlet tap. Now where did I put the plumber's number....

IMG_0443 copy.jpg
Today a real contrast from yesterday, where I took so many pictures and found it terribly frustrating as 98% of them were, to put it in polite terms 'unworthy'. Today I took one and one only and thought sod it. This is a building familiar to many British "expats" in Sydney, the British consulate where you get your visa renewal/ passport stamped. So what's interesting about this picture? I dunno, maybe the reflection on the building? It would have been nice if the sky wasn't cloudy and provided some colour, but ho-hum.

Okay, I certainly did enjoy all the other images; I'll add mine even if's only something I wanted to document. I do have some snaps from the mall earlier this evening, but they're a) not at all original and b) a lot worse than those of that genre we've already seen, so I decided to use this as a safety shot instead:
IMG_0418.jpg

The reason for taking the image: I recalled earlier today how so many have moaned about those old, clumsy and heavy SLRs - so I decided to put one of my former favourites, the Nikon F-801s with 35mm f/2D, on the scales. 1056g - more or less the same weight as the D750 with 35mm f/1.8G ED! The F-801s feels a lot denser, though - and it is considerably smaller (as is the lens). The combo is nice to work with and still takes decent enough images - I bet our digital cameras don't have that much life in them!

btw. Processed quick and dirty in Polarr - so no denoise ...

M.

Okay, I certainly did enjoy all the other images; I'll add mine even if's only something I wanted to document. I do have some snaps from the mall earlier this evening, but they're a) not at all original and b) a lot worse than those of that genre we've already seen, so I decided to use this as a safety shot instead:
View attachment 123185

The reason for taking the image: I recalled earlier today how so many have moaned about those old, clumsy and heavy SLRs - so I decided to put one of my former favourites, the Nikon F-801s with 35mm f/2D, on the scales. 1056g - more or less the same weight as the D750 with 35mm f/1.8G ED! The F-801s feels a lot denser, though - and it is considerably smaller (as is the lens). The combo is nice to work with and still takes decent enough images - I bet our digital cameras don't have that much life in them!

btw. Processed quick and dirty in Polarr - so no denoise ...

M.
Matt, what's that 35mm F2 D like? From what I'm seeing on Flickr, whilst the G series lenses may be technically better, that D series lens appears to have a lovely unique film like rendering, I'm actually wondering whether to get that over the modern version. Or could I achieve exactly the same results in PP with the modern version?

Back