SiJ 2017 - Day 3.

Cincinnati chili - not very inspiring today, but the Myna bird I was stalking just wouldn't cooperate. I never did get a clear shot of her. It was a dreary, inside kind of day.
SIJ03.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

He's very much a different person now. Almost a grown up. College bound this year.
As any uncle would say "oh they grow up so fast!" And lucky for your son I'm over 15,000kms away because as a good Southern European uncle I'd give him a good hard pinch on the cheeks while saying that! :LOL:

But seriously congratulations on his transition to college.....well I think it's congratulations?
Isn't this the most expensive and stressful time for many families?...and the traumatic time for Mums who must really let go of their little men

As any uncle would say "oh they grow up so fast!" And lucky for your son I'm over 15,000kms away because as a good Southern European uncle I'd give him a good hard pinch on the cheeks while saying that! :LOL:

But seriously congratulations on his transition to college.....well I think it's congratulations?
Isn't this the most expensive and stressful time for many families?...and the traumatic time for Mums who must really let go of their little men
It should not be bad at all (at least for his parents) because he has opted not to study abroad. He has applied to our state university, the University of Puerto Rico. Depending on which program he is accepted into, he would either attend the Río Piedras campus, which would allow him to continue to live at home, or the Mayaguez campus, which would require living on campus since it is more than two hours away. He's going pre-med, so we'll see how that goes.

Our university is also, thankfully, very reasonably priced. Need to save for med school, though.

Cheers,

Antonio

that chili looks delicious.

Sorry for posting late....I was out on the road a few days. This is Central BBQ in Memphis. The barbecue was so good, I felt like every other BBQ I have ever eaten was done wrong. I'm so mad that I will never be able to enjoy barbecue again....it ruined me.

View attachment 122302IMG_20170103_174001 by Luke, on Flickr
I have visited Memphis a few times on business. For me the standout BBQ place was Corky's on Poplar. I could eat a dry rack now actually, it's one of those hungry mornings.

Back