SiJ 2017 - Day 5

Sorry, Bill. I got impatient :-/ its 3.40pm over here.

IMG_0202.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A dismal day with not much to shoot.

Out of the 5 days so far, today was the least inspiring and by late afternoon, I wondered where today's shot was coming from. All I can do is have my S95 with me. In that regard, I noticed that there were loud singing voices from the local Fijian community emanating from the church next door to where I was picking up a curry for the family, so took a picture of that.

IMG_0249 copy.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

@bilzmale , I have great respect for you Bill, I doubt whether most people on this forum are aware of how Greyhounds have been treated here in Australia.
You got a sympathetic ear here mate. Even more so as we also save racehorses. Now this is an awful business. One of the highest percentage of 'wastage' in any live industry - hence why I am thoroughly unable to enjoy the visage of something like the Melbourne Cup. Only a small percentage of horses are saved from the sales by the rescue networks - most go to a very awful end. My wife saves what she can and what we can fit on our farm and in our budget, she rehabilitates them and tries to find the right homes for them - usually on a free-lease basis. I'll be sure to get a few photos of some of our latest refugees during the course of January.

Good on you @bilzmale for going the rescue route. Every single one of our four dogs are rescues and we'd have it no other way.
...and a damn fine photo too mate! (y)

Last edited:
Back