SiJ 2017 - Day 5

Day 5 was a bust for me. I had an all-day migraine episode and couldn't get around to shooting anything. I'm hoping day 6 turns out better.

Final day of business trip yielded one photo of a cold but sunny day out the hotel window.

SIJ2017 Day5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That's a nice clean file there. When you took that shot out of the window like that with your Leica, was there an element of point of shoot or did you still have to put some time away for getting all settings right?.
The M camera really make you slow down old school with manual focus, aperture, shutter speed. That is what I did with this image. I have used zone focus p&s with the camera before but with mixed results.

Last edited:
@ajramirez Very nice work with directional light and shadows. Did you use (or simulate) are red filter here?

M.
Orange filter, actually. I had been wanting to try an IR simulation for some time. I did some research and ran into a You Tube video by a British photographer explaining how to achieve the effect using the Sunlight filter in Nik Color Efex and converting to monochrome in Silver Efex. It's really quite simple and involves using the orange filter in Silver Efex and some red and yellow boosting. The Sunlight filter is what simulates the IR glow.

Thanks!

Back