SiJ 2017 Day 7.

Last year, when we did SIJ 2016, I was very strict with myself in terms of sticking to my chosen camera body and lens, and taking one shot every day of the month of January. This time, it only took me a week to fall of the wagon. January 7th was our day to fly back to Puerto Rico, and there was simply no opportunity for any shots worth sharing. We left our hotel at 7am and made it to Puerto Rico at midnight (5am Barcelona time) so, no dice.

What I will do, is post a shot from December 30th, the day we arrived at Barcelona. I will post a shot from December 31st as my January 8th shot, as I am simply too tired and jet lagged to leave the house in search of a shot. In any event, I promise you the two shots posted will be much better than anything I would have gotten on either day.

I may also break the one camera-one lens rule, as I may switch out the zoom for a prime. Haven't decided yet.

My Day 7th shot, actually taken on December 30th, is a street shot taken on Carrer L'Hospital in the Raval section of Barcelona, during our very first walk after having just arrived at our hotel.

full.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Last year, when we did SIJ 2016, I was very strict with myself in terms of sticking to my chosen camera body and lens, and taking one shot every day of the month of January. This time, it only took me a week to fall of the wagon. January 7th was our day to fly back to Puerto Rico, and there was simply no opportunity for any shots worth sharing. We left our hotel at 7am and made it to Puerto Rico at midnight (5am Barcelona time) so, no dice.

What I will do, is post a shot from December 30th, the day we arrived at Barcelona. I will post a shot from December 31st as my January 8th shot, as I am simply too tired and jet lagged to leave the house in search of a shot. In any event, I promise you the two shots posted will be much better than anything I would have gotten on either day.

I may also break the one camera-one lens rule, as I may switch out the zoom for a prime. Haven't decided yet.

My Day 7th shot, actually taken on December 30th, is a street shot taken on Career L'Hospital in the Raval section of Barcelona, during our very first walk after having just arrived at our hotel.

View attachment 122440

In with both boots my friend. (y)

Superb shot with great movement!

Yesterday's shot - sorry for the delay; as a matter of fact, this is the only one I feel I can show - I was framing like a moron, apparently (most of this shot's cropped out to make it work); the concert was quite fun, though. Quite a close shave, nevertheless. S95, 28mm-e:

M.

I have a weakness for stage/concert. Who is the artist?

Yesterday's shot - sorry for the delay; as a matter of fact, this is the only one I feel I can show - I was framing like a moron, apparently (most of this shot's cropped out to make it work); the concert was quite fun, though. Quite a close shave, nevertheless. S95, 28mm-e:
View attachment 122428

M.
Using a S95, I'd have been extremely happy with that, particularly given the light conditions such as they were.

Using a S95, I'd have been extremely happy with that, particularly given the light conditions such as they were.
I fully agree with that aspect - I was really happy with the basic IQ (especially since the final image uses roughly 60% of the original pixels!). But the framing was totally off :dash2:

I'm just glad that it turned out to be salvagable - with only 10 million of just moderately robust pixels, throwing away so many means wasting valuable resources. Just my take, of course - with digital, I'm rather tight-fisted :rolleyes:

M.

Back