SiJ 2017 - Day 8.

Here's the gear shot I threatened you with (sorry, stuck inside - lots to do) - the battery is in there for scale; S95, 67mm-e:
full.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

View attachment 122422

Taking a brake from the square format for a day or two.
This is just a short walk from the house; about the maximum distance I'd move away from the oven and my tea stash these days.
Love this shot - nice colours, great feel; wish I could have been there. I have to find the time to go to one of my favourite spots at sunset one of these days (probably not before next Sunday, though - gotta get back to work).

M.

Looking for planes.
E-PL7 + 7,5mm FE
View attachment 122439

My Day 8 shot was actually done on December 31st, for reasons I explained in my Day 7th posting. This is a shot of La pedrera, an iconic building in Barcelona designed by Gaudí.

View attachment 122442

Funny how well those two images sort of fit together ...

José, I really like your work with the fish-eye - mine's scheduled for extensive use come February (or perhaps later - see ForeverFilm ;)).

Nice one, Matt. I've borrowed one from a friend in the early 80s for a couple weeks, my first foray into MF. I still have a Fuji GL690 in a box somewhere but haven't shot a single roll in years.
Well keep your eyes and ears out Ken mate, because do @MoonMind and I have an idea for you and film for February and March.:dance: We're fleshing it out the detail as we speak but will post here on Serious Compacts in a little while, to see who else would like to just have a little fun with film (even just with a pre-loaded disposable camera or thrift store find) or devote some time and attention to their neglected camera....

Long ago, before we knew of a galaxy far, far away, before anyone boldly went, and even before a Time Lord stole a police box, the galaxy was kept safe by Colonel Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future. I grew up reading his adventures every week in The Eagle. Yesterday I chanced across Eagle Annual 7 in a junk shop.

Happy days...
P1000097-01.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well keep your eyes and ears out Ken mate, because do @MoonMind and I have an idea for you and film for February and March.:dance: We're fleshing it out the detail as we speak but will post here on Serious Compacts in a little while, to see who else would like to just have a little fun with film (even just with a pre-loaded disposable camera or thrift store find) or devote some time and attention to their neglected camera....
Keep me posted on this, please!

Sounds like fun to me, Mark and Matt. The OMs and Nikons are ready to roll, but xyz knows in which of the moving boxes I've left the Fuji brick.

We broke the local record for snowfall today with 10" average around the state (I know I got more than that) - the previous record was 8" in 1977. Sigh. Records like that I can do without.

After several hours of cleaning off my roof, driveway and walkway plus three cars, I'm beat. Then comes the Weather Alert on my phone. "Dangerous Line of Snow Squalls approaching." Really? It's only January for heaven's sake.

SiJ-DAY07-2017-03-Edit-WEB.jpg

Back