SiJ 2017 - Day 8.

Neglect - sooc jpg still.

P1010394rs.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Time to give myself a litle credit. I've turned a bit of a corner with my 'personal fitness'. I should make clear before I proceed that I have little interest in the body beautiful it's purely to keep this machine maintained to a minimum....it's getting a little creaky as it gets on. Anyways, I've been on a graduated jogging program and today I ended a big phase - 1 minute walk and 14 minutes jogging repeated 3 times with 5 minutes warm-up either side. Next session we move to 3 minutes walk with 17 minutes jogging repeated three times. A few months ago I'd never thought this meaty carriage could propel itself for almost an hour let alone maintain a jog for 42 minutes. But here we are. Only a few more weeks until I'm jogging for a continuous 60 minutes. Oh boy....

Credit goes to a great author I very much respect, Haruki Murakami, whose book "What I talk about when I talk about running" inspired me to get started in the first place.

Anyway here's me 2 minutes post cool-down gazing down a part of the trial mowed around the property.

r0000138-1024resize_orig.jpg

Ricoh GR-II

Time to give myself a litle credit. I've turned a bit of a corner with my 'personal fitness'. I should make clear before I proceed that I have little interest in the body beautiful it's purely to keep this machine maintained to a minimum....it's getting a little creaky as it gets on. Anyways, I've been on a graduated jogging program and today I ended a big phase - 1 minute walk and 14 minutes jogging repeated 3 times with 5 minutes warm-up either side. Next session we move to 3 minutes walk with 17 minutes jogging repeated three times. A few months ago I'd never thought this meaty carriage could propel itself for almost an hour let alone maintain a jog for 42 minutes. But here we are. Only a few more weeks until I'm jogging for a continuous 60 minutes. Oh boy....

Credit goes to a great author I very much respect, Haruki Murakami, whose book "What I talk about when I talk about running" inspired me to get started in the first place.

Anyway here's me 2 minutes post cool-down gazing down a part of the trial mowed around the property.

View attachment 122399
Ricoh GR-II
Why is there not an icon for "geez, I'm impressed!" Love the shot, and the story. I bow to you, MrMark.

Congrats, Mark. I know how hard it is to polish off the rust of a neglected machine. The rush when you succeed at goals you set in life is totally worth it. Well done, mate!

Why is there not an icon for "geez, I'm impressed!" Love the shot, and the story. I bow to you, MrMark.

Oh you guys....seriously don't make an old man blubber :rolleyes-74:
Got to say it's great to be back in this company. It really is!

View attachment 122399
Ricoh GR-II
Great to hear. Also have read a Murakami books. Very good author. Didn't know he had a book about running.

Looking around the house for a subject today.
View attachment 122423
SIJ 17 day 8 by Martin Connolly, on Flickr

Something about this image, that I really, really like. Can't quite put my finger on why but I think it has to do with the feeling of nostalgia - maybe of the memories of what that figure meant to a young child? Either way, thanks for sharing.

Something about this image, that I really, really like. Can't quite put my finger on why but I think it has to do with the feeling of nostalgia - maybe of the memories of what that figure meant to a young child? Either way, thanks for sharing.
Got it in one, Mark. I've had this since about 1970 and could never part with it.

Back